Is your .40 Glock ready to blow up????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the Glock was designed for the 9mm initially. The .40 was stuffed into the 9mm later. I cannot defend the .40.
But, the .45 is different. The Glock .45 is a totally different gun, with little relation to the original Glocks. The barrels are even made at a different factory, with an opposite rifling twist, different techniques etc. They cannot be compared to the 9mm Glock in a direct comparison.
Also, the .45 is a very low pressure round. That is why I am baffled at any kB's in the .45. I must assume until I see proof, that the .45 kB's are due to over-charged reloads or really hot factory ammo. I am baffled by this. I only personally know of one .45 kB and it was a reload. Pictures are on the internet. I am NOT saying that they don't exist or anything like that...all I am saying is that you cannot compare the .45 Glock to the 9mm Glock, it is a very different gun....and also a very low pressure round...that is why I really don't understand how good .45 ammo loaded at standard pressures could ever kB...?

I shoot the Glock 20 in 10mm. I've seen nothing about 10mm Kbs in Glocks. The 10mm case can withstand higher pressures than the .40. It is too simple to blame the Glock fot this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back