Is USPCA a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
detachable penis

If I had one I'd wear the Gilmore I bought some (many) years ago; now if I use my Open gun (yes, with iron sights) I draw it from a Galco Yaqui Slide (my other Open gun has NO sights, but not enough mags -- yet).

Redhawks all fit my Sparks HSR (a beauty); my 1911 and Witnesses fit their respective Sparks 1AT's, and I have an occassional foray into Galco Royal Guard (1911) or J-Clip (Witnesses).

See? I CAN compete in USPCSAXYZ AND use my 'tactickle' gear. Except the Redwing steel-toed boots.........

Where in the USPSA rulebook does it specify what holster to use, besides no race holsters in production division? It's your choice. You can use your carry holster in open division if you wanted to. Now if you live in the free states that allow open carry, you can carry with your race holster if you wanted to so that makes it practical right?.

Do anyone actually read these posts? I thought my post of Rob Leatham's comments pretty much sums it up. Neither is more practical or tactical.

Another way to think of this is to compare it with auto racing. IDPA is like SCCA Autocross. You can take you everyday commuter like a Camry or whatever you drive and race it on a closed course. SCCA Autocross was set up to allow people to enhance their driving skills with their own cars. They also want to make it affordable for people to get into auto racing. You can say Autocross is "Practical".

I want to say IPSC is like Formula 1, but really it's more like the Touring Car Series. You do race with a highly modified production car. The fundamental skills are the same as Autocross except the Touring car drivers have refined their skills to another level. You can say that racing on closed road course with highly modified cars isn't too practical. However the skills that you learn from racing do carry over to everyday driving. Just look at how many people spin their cars on the road at the first sign of rain.

Taking a shooting class from any competition shooter or Gunsite, Frontsight, etc. is like attending a driving class from Skip Barber or Bondurant.

You are really hung up on the holster thing. Not only are "normal" kydex rigs very popular with Production shooters they are also making their way into Limited. That aside, from this moment forward whenever you bring this issue up, I'll just bring up the the "special" vests with weights. Nevermind that almost no one uses tactical vests in day to day life, but then you go ahead and modify them with iron bars? So in IDPA I have lots of rules about what gun and rig I can use to avoid an arms race, but then we have clothing race. Great.

They are both games. Go shoot a good USPSA match and watch what a high rank Production shooter can do. One really has to wonder why he/she would want to use cover while moving faster then the BG could even think never mind aim and hit.

Loch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back