Is this a good price for 9mm ammo

IMHO, CTD has certainly demonstrated the ability to respond very quickly to $$$$ opportunity. I understand about, "all the market will bear", etc. But after Newtown, when they claimed they didn't sell firearms, that took the cake. They have amply demonstrated what they actually think of the shooting fraternity.....

Apparently none of you noted that the OP's ad was for JHP, not FMJ.
Just about any JHP for .85/round is par for the course.

I got a 1000 round case of Blazer Brass from PSA for $299 with free shipping awhile back.

Funny, I got mine from TargetSportsUSA for $189 not too long ago; delivered.

OP, not even the uber expensive fancy defense rounds like Gold Dots cost that much

I don't know, Brazilian JHP for nearly $900.00 per thousand sure seems crazy excessive to me. Until a couple weeks ago, the excellent Federal 9BP, XM9001 and 9BPLE JHP could be had for .30/Rd or so. But if the 9BP, HST, Gold Dots,etc. are scarce now, if I had to I'd rather pay that $900/K for that rather than any of CTD's swell deals.....ymmv

I'm not sure what kind of hollowpoints you are using but I got a 50 round box of.44 Magnum hollowpoints for 27.95 a box from SGAmmo. Adding in shipping for my whole order would bring that to around 30.00 a box or 60 cents a round.

Well, I didn't. It's still a terrible deal, but maybe not quite as bad.

Generic JHP will run more than FMJ, but still shouldn't be anywhere near a dollar a round in bulk.

I take it the OP is "tongue in cheek," as to the price gouging from Cheaper Then Dirt, they are, and always have been, price gouging scumbags! Its to bad so many of you have to continually learn this lesson, of course many never will learn the lesson, and that is this, if it is only now you are attempting to secure a firearm, and ammo to run it, you are are literally SOL. The best online ammo seller is sgammo and they are not able to even take your orders, and so it goes.... This is the lesson, if you waited, you lost, you are now food for criminals, and scumbags like Cheaper Then Dirt!

Actually I did, do you know who Magtech is? They are CBC, which owns S&B, MEN, and Taurus Int! They make decent ammo, for instance just 4 months back I laid in 6,000 rounds of S&B 9mm 124 gr JHP at just over $10,00 a box of fifty. S&B JHP's are loaded to CIP standards which usually means hotter, and are just as reliable and effective as anything sold under the Federal Classic line, such as 115 gr JHP 9BP! S&B 115 & 124 gr JHP's are as just as good, and likely better then anything loaded under the Magtech label, and I got my six cases of them for $240.00 plus shipping per case, and that was just 4 months back.... $900.00 for a Magtech JHP in any caliber is a crime!

Back