Is this a good price for 9mm ammo

I haven't purchased anything from them since Panic #1. I had ordered a few things and they canceled the order and jacked up the price 5x or something like that.

And that's why I would rather use sandpaper as TP before I'd buy ANYTHING from CTD. They are as crooked as crooked comes. During on of the big rushes they actually cancelled people's orders and relisted the items at a higher price.

That's a terrible price. Armscore is $9 a box of 50 at a local store. That would be $180 for a 1000. I got a 1000 round case of Blazer Brass from PSA for $299 with free shipping awhile back.

That's a terrible price. Armscore is $9 a box of 50 at a local store. That would be $180 for a 1000. I got a 1000 round case of Blazer Brass from PSA for $299 with free shipping awhile back.
Dang, 30¢/round for Blazer Brass? You got took. My most recent case of 124gr TMG Speer Lawman from SGAmmo was $200 with shipping, just a few weeks before this ammogeddon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

This weekend I bought a pack of 150 rounds of brass cased 124gr FMJ Browning branded 9mm ammo from Academy Sports for about 18 cents a round.

That was before the 20% off coupon they sent me in the mail was applied. That was a pretty good deal on FMJ ammunition.

A dollar a round for FMJ blasting ammo is not good at all. Unless you are in some kind of a true emergency where you must have a huge quantity of 9mm in a big hurry and you can't fine any from any other source it would be a very bad idea to pay that much for it. A VERY BAD IDEA. I have never in my life paid anywhere near that much money for FMJ 9mm.

You can probably go to your local gun store and buy self-defense hollowpoint ammunition for considerably less than that.

This is the kind of ridiculous stupidity that occurs when people start panicking and buying up everything that they can possibly imagine they might need. When they haven't planned ahead and bought what they really need in advance at good prices. And when unscrupulous sellers can, apparently with a clear conscience and a straight face, label ammo that is marked up more than 4x what it should be as being "Our Low Price".

If we, as the gun community, would remember the sellers who do things like this and NEVER. I mean NEVER buy anything from them ever again, the remaining sellers might get the idea that such behavior would not be tolerated.

Cheaper Than Dirt is known for this kind of thing. I stopped buying from them years ago and would highly recommend that everyone else stop buying from them as well. Their name is a lie. They are lying when they say that the price of that ammo is "Low". They will drop their prices back down when the shortage is over and they can't find panicking suckers to pay their ridiculous prices, but that doesn't change who they are. The next time there's even the hint of a panic, they will double, triple, quadruple their prices at the drop of the hat to try to profit off the people who are uninformed and scared enough that they feel they must buy immediately. Just a few days ago, they were selling that ammunition for under $250 a case. 24cents a round is still not a good deal, in my opinion, but it's in the right ballpark at least.

My advice is to forget they exist. Don't ever look at any of their catalogs or ads again. Never visit their website again. Tell all your friends not to buy from them ever again--not anything under any circumstances.

There are reputable sellers out there who do not abuse their customers the way Cheaper Than Dirt does. You can buy from those sellers in bulk when prices are good.

Dang, 30¢/round for Blazer Brass? You got took. My most recent case of 124gr TMG Speer Lawman from SGAmmo was $200 with shipping, just a few weeks before this ammogeddon.

I didn't get took. I didn't buy this. I was being sarcastic. I actually haven't purchases store bought ammo in quite awhile.

Target Sports, in February: TS53651-BULK - 53651. Speer Lawman 9mm Luger Ammo 124 Grain Total Metal Jacket-Case of 1000 (20 Boxes of 50) - Free Shipping 1 $179.80

CheaperThanDirt was price gouging years ago during some other crisis, and those greedy pricks haven't seen a penny of my money since.
Spend your money elsewhere.

Target Sports, in February: TS53651-BULK - 53651. Speer Lawman 9mm Luger Ammo 124 Grain Total Metal Jacket-Case of 1000 (20 Boxes of 50) - Free Shipping1$179.80
Well dang, I could have saved $20. Bought from Target Sports before when seeing special deals but missed that one. They are always reliable but pretty slow getting the orders out the door even in good times. Up until last week SGAmmo got orders shipped within a few days and before that, the next day with next-day delivery.

Apparently my review asking if this was a typo or had they lost their minds didn't fit their marketing model..:D

No, that's an insane price.

Cheaper than Dirt has done this before. Right after the Newtown shooting, they announced they would no longer be selling firearms. They held back their inventory, waited until other retailers were sold out, then released it to market. Here's a screenshot:

ctd_no.jpg

They are not our friends. They do not deserve the time of day from us.

Strangely enough, there is a panic. I think the TP hoarders stopped off on the way and bought up all the ammunition and firearms.

Wait two months.

Back