• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Is There Something in the Air?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew you were the type to watch TV:rolleyes:

:D:D:D

WildimgonnaraiseyouonewithtotoroandseflabnegationAlaska TM

Now excuse me Im finishing my cheese n' Glock omelet

Grymster, I think you nailed it.

I'm here because I like guns; because I learn a lot from a bunch of people who know way more about guns and shooting than I do; because I like the way the forum is run (polite? civilized? people oughta make a useful contribution to a thread? this is radical stuff by internet standards); and because I get bored talking with people who agree with me about everything... Oh, and WA's sig lines... they're like potato chips or cocaine or something.

But lately, a lot of people have obviously JUST discovered that politics might matter to them, and they're overreacting like mad. And a lot of them seem to want to be admired for ranting...

And, damn, but don't all these newfangled blackberries or whatever, telephones with keyboards designed for kids with over-active thumbs, encourage a "style" of writing -- at best, no caps and little punctuation -- that's just SOOOO not what we want around here...

I hope you're right, Grym, that the novelty wears off after a while, but if not, we'd better hope that some of these folks are educable.

And I'm not sure I even wanna know what that consisted of LOL.

Or what he so chooses to wear at feeding time. It was bad enough to see what he wears cookin'!:eek:

"You just wanna be me."

If I wanted to "be" you your sorry carcass would have been feeding the crabs long ago...

Edgar Hansen: "Sig, we've caught something weird!"

Sig Hansen: "HOLY CRAP THAT'S THE UGLIEST FISH I'VE EVER SEEN! You Discovery Channel guys getting this on tape? Might be good for Letterman's Stupid Pet Tricks..."

Edgar: "Hey, Blake gave Phil a truck on a line...how about we stick this beast in one of his pots! It'll fit....won't it?"

There absolutely is something in the air.

In the reloading forum alone (my expertise), there are many daily posts with absolutely idiotic questions. It's not the questions that bother me, though. The members replying, and giving horribly dangerous advise are what really irritate me.

Case in point: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340523

Even if they lack the knowledge to know the safety issues, they had the enough guts to ask the question. In my mind, that means they are open to opinions and suggestions. Then these fools come along, and give dangerous advice. (Or offer advice without the proper safety warnings.)

change

may i chime in but I dont want to anger old men like alaska,I am afraid of him.
:D.I went and looked at bullet puller.I rolled my eyes when I saw it before.
they are not only new,they have no consept of what they are doing and are trrying to jump start the engine with a flashlite battery.very little mechanical skill.me I screw up alot because I forget to take the caps off.and my spelling is bad,I know the word is wrong but cant seem to remember.I try hard not to use bad language.when you get old you get cranky,and when you see some of the questions you figutivly throw your hands up.me I get frustrated that I cant do what I used to do when I was 40.and have so much I want to do.
oh well have a good day fellow members.:rolleyes::eek::D

Hi Ken

I don't notice it much. Considering what this country is going through, unlike your cushy place with Sarah Palin to watch over you, alot of us down here are dealing with tough times, tough decisions, and a lot of stress.

I work in this stuff, and, my body is stressed out, and kicking back at me.

It IS very depressing, time consuming, and frustrating...

Leads to too much drinking, and, I suspect that maybe some of the source of our problems...

I get nasty PMs from guys who joined three minutes ago......
Brutal. Add those to the nasty PMs you get from guys that joined four minutes ago and the ones that joined five minutes ago, and the ones that joined six months ago.... and the ones that join three years ago and the... :)

Socrates said:
I don't notice it much.
You haven't noticed the jacked-up, newbie, can't spell, only know chat/texting, "Obama's taking my guns away", "HR45 is killing us", "how come you guys ain't up in arms?" kinda folks that are prevalent here lately?

I haven't been here that long, and so can't comment on the way that things used to be. But I can say that the behavior on TFL is still an order of magnitude better than many other firearms forums - where it seems like every other thread eventually degrades into a juvenile argument, or is taken over by the resident blowhards.

If you guys are worried that the forum is declining, my advice would be to start banging some heads, and pulling posts. And ask non-mods to help maintain the forum's rules and standards.

You might feel like you're outnumbered, but I suspect that you'll get more support than you may assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back