Is the saying it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 derogatory?

Is the saying it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 derogatory?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 97.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is antiseptic, and for many if not most people, the implication of the saying is blatantly true:
“I’m willing to defend my life against an aggressor if necessary with their life".

TXAZ, I think that is a reasonable conclusion. It is certainly not the only one though. Law enforcement, a prosecutor, grand jury, judge or jury might conclude your statement indicates a lack of respect for the law, a premeditated decision to shoot first and ask questions later, or even a desire to use lethal force. The "blatant truth" is any statement other than, I was afraid for my life or the life of someone in my in my charge, to justify using lethal force is unnecessary and unwise. Why make provocative statements?

I am not sure about derogatory, but its predictable and irritating. A bit like a unloaded gun is a paper weight.

No, it is not derogatory; since I would not be belittling anyone, or disparaging them.
It is an opinion that is being voiced, and nothing else.

Once again - it's bad news if it influences enough jurors to vote to convict you. It won't be the only factor but it could switch some. If enough get switch, the rest usually go along.

So what more is there to say? Who cares what YOU think, you are not in the jury box. You are at the defendant's table. Dressed in tactical orange?

The sort of person that would think it "derogatory" also thinks owning a gun is "because you want to kill people."

I knew a professor in college that utterly hated the 2nd A. He once told me "target practice is fantasizing about killing people." I shared that comment with campus police and the sergeant said "ask him to hold my target next time." :eek: :p

It's probably best not to comment on or even search the internet. A comprise might be keeping yourself in solidly pro-gun states and areas. Plus, avoid trouble whenever you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back