Is the Government watching this forum?

• Yes they are watching!

Votes: 53 72.6%
  • Nope, they wouldn't waste their time!

Votes: 20 27.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, because If there were the very first post would have been from one saying you were being paranoid.

Seriously it would be a colossal waste of time and money to monitor this site, so that leads me to believe the government is doing it, because if any entity knows how to waste time and money it's the government.

Last edited:
Just so you know how to keep people from tracking you:

You can hide your IP address with free software:

Smart Hide

And you can block literally BILLIONS of IP addresses with this software:

Peer Guardian

I tried the IP redirect and it works really good. If you check your IP before it will pinpoint your location. After using this software you'll end up in some other country.

Not that I'm paranoid enough to keep using this software.

50cal.gif

My DSL service is so crappy, I get a new IP address quite often, sometimes several per day... that alone would take them an extra week or two to sort through... ;)

TFred

Has to be

Something as volatile as guns! In this day and age, of course the "sights" are monitored, by whoever, we are here right? sending stuff back and forth.

We also do a kind of good job cleaning our own house, a silly person not tolerated... cut off!

If we the gun people ever get paranoid enough, we will not go to the range? I will not get that paranoid! Heck we are right next door to the Sheriffs range! separated by a wire fence, wave on the way in and out.

I love Florida, we get to go out all year!

i assume some are obligated to thier careers. somewhere there is a sticky. zen is found in the stickies.

now, what is your home defense weapon of choice and where do you keep it?

what is your home defense weapon of choice and where do you keep it?

My home defence of choice is my Marlin 1895 in 45-70, basically because we have bears up here and I'm afraid that someday I'll wake up with a bear at the foot of my bed. Where I keep it depends on the day, usually in the gun safe but some days, like the day that the bear ate 31 of my chickens, I'll keep it close to the bed. A 45-70 with the right ammo will stop just about anything.

marlin_1895_cowboy.jpg

where do you keep it

officer, i am a true pacifist. :rolleyes: firearms are very dangerous and i would never have one in the house;)

but there maybe more than one:D

It wouldn't surprise me if someone from .gov dropped in occasionally. But it would probably be more of a personal interest/hobby type thing than to look for criminals. A lot of .gov agents are busy looking for hackers, kiddie pron and foreign intelligence collecting against defense related industries, or tracking Al Q. funding or criminal money laundering.

BTW, never mind what Oliver Stone said in his flick about the JFK assassination. I still think Marilyn Monroe was the figure on the grassy knoll and that she was aiming for Jackie, not John and that Marilyn wanted to get rid of the "other" woman. High heels threw off Marilyn's aim. It's the classic American love triangle with terrible consequences.

Just whatch "The conspiracy theory" with Mel Gibson. Having said that, you don't have to forget we live in the 21st century. They don't need to search gun forums anymore. They have software that does it for them. As soon as a "keyword" pops up they are locked in an the threat.

I won't say how I know - but I happen to know that the ATF DOES monitor some forums. I do not know about THIS one, but they are watching.

I'm 99.99% sure that at least the first guy to reply to this thread is one of "them" and I'm sure there are others on here.

I say yes, a few of the threads that have been started here (by memebers with under five posts) have been almost comical in that i can just see Agent Smith sunglasses and all watching responses and taking down ip addresses. good for me here in latin america the all computers are run by unresponsive hamsters on wheels who allow me to use the internet free from fear of detection.:D

after the patriot act went through(the end of the USA as we knew it) just saying¨the word gun on the phone gets your conversation recorded in a file stored somewhere in the NSA fortress for review later on. I am sure they have something along the same lines hooked up to google, and general web usage.

Let's see... Former FFL? Check.
CCW in a may-issue state when they were rare as Frog Fur? Check.
CCWs in 3 other states since then? Check.
"Randomly" searched every time I fly? Check.

Naw, I'm not on any list and "They" aren't watchin us here... :p

I say No. Anything that would be posted in a public area on this site in any vein that the ATF would be interested in would be quickly removed by the moderators. If it was seriously threatening it would probably be reported to the authorities by Mr Lucibella.

I would guess they aren't wasting their time here, unless it's their hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back