Is putting a stock on a revolver making it a SBR?

What kind of individual would forgo wearing a safety helmet knowing the dangers of bouncing his bean on the concrete simply because there is a loophole in the statue?
I have an FN Hi Power included in the ATF exceptions thus allowing a shoulder stock to be attached. I was offered a repro stock but found the ATF decisions are confusing to the point I refused the gift. As the pistol is a rarely shot unique item and the stock would create a neat conversation piece I cannot see a problem putting the two together but my friend at ATF thought the law may be interpreted differentLy than my conclusions.

Ibmikey, it was years ago so I'm not certain my memory is clear, but I believe I read once (or twice or thrice) that original stocks were okay for pistols such as the Hi-Power, but that reproduction stocks are not. I think your frient at the BATFE probably gave you good advice.

What kind of individual would forgo wearing a safety helmet knowing the dangers of bouncing his bean on the concrete simply because there is a loophole in the statue?

The kind of individual who weighs their personal risks and believes that some decisions should be made by individuals, NOT the law, and that obeying the law, as written, is not "taking advantage of a loophole".

What kind of individual carries a firearm, knowing the dangers of doing so, simply because there is a loophole in the statue?

Same as above, the kind of person who believes they have the right to make personal choices, within existing law.

This includes making "socially" unpopular (and possibly risky) choices, as well as "smart" ones.

Put a stock on a modern handgun, and I think the ATF will be interested. Feel free to be the test case, but don't expect me to join you.

This includes making "socially" unpopular (and possibly risky) choices, as well as "smart" ones.

Don't be silly. The choice is very popular among those on transplant lists and transplant donation teams. I mean not for them to do it but for others to make those life choices.

Aguila, Yes when I provided a ATF letter regarding a repro stock being ok on a pistol that fit into the Exempted category ( which mine also does) he suggested the letter was for that individual and that particular stock and not a blanket decision binding through out eternity. I have many firearms and am not going to risk loosing them over this trivial issue. Thanks for the input.

44amp, At no time did I ever advocate placing a stock on a modern pistol and I certainly made no attempt for you to do anything of that sort but anyway.....have a nice day:)

Quick note: a rifled 16in+ barrel with no stock will likely be a non-NFA "firearm" or pistol, unless it falls under criteria for an NFA AOW. If it has no stock, it does not fit the definition of an SBR.

Back