Is it Worthwhile to Reload Shotgun Shells?

Like BLE said

Try finding 000 buckshot shells at your local Wally world or rocksalt loads for killing pigeons in your barn with out blowing holes through the walls. For custom loads loading is the only way to go. Nothing says you have to load with lead shot I use spent primers, smashed 22 hulls, layered loads with 000 buck and bbs, copper wire, rock salt and oh yea I just started 2 1/2 inch low pressuer 12 gage for a marlin model 19.

if you reload for any one else for fun or profit,you should get good liabilty insurence and you may need a federal ammo manufracter licence. one problem from your reloads or their gun while using your reloads could land you in very hot water. just something to think about. eastbank.

i could see if you do a lot of trap or skeet or competition.reloading a 28ga with super cheap practice wads.

but for hunting,even low quality factory loads if you aim for the head of a bird 3 pellets should get the neck or head.shotgunning is not a pricise art form.
i could see maybe if your using a 12 or 10ga with a 3.5 inch chamber for 50 yard shots on duck,but for the average shot gun hunt factory should fine.

Back