Is Colt Still Producing Pistols/Revolvers???

reddog81 said:
I know their .22 lr guns are just branded as Colts but I've never heard that about their centerfire guns.
Yes, Colt does outsource their centerfire AR-15s -- from Colt.

I've been to the Colt factory in West Hartford, CT, three times. Unless things have changed recently, the setup is that there are two companies operating in the same building, and there's a chain link barrier between them that goes all the way to the underside of the roof. One side is Colt's Manufacturing, LLC. That's the civilian side. The other side is Colt's Defense -- that's the side that makes guns for the military. Colt's Manufacturing doesn't make any AR-15s -- the AR-15s are made by Colt's Defense, transferred internally to Colt's manufacturing, and then sold on the civilian market.

How do you know which month a Colt was produced? Which rifles is Colt outsourcing? I know their .22 lr guns are just branded as Colts but I've never heard that about their centerfire guns.

Chris Bartucci(my apologies if misspelled)of small arms solutions did an entire vlog dealing with Colt's apparent 180 on selling AR's to the American public, specifically how they first shut it all down, then mysteriously turned about and began selling them again. He examined the new rifles and concluded that none on the parts were Colt manufacture, barrels, lowers, uppers, all sourced! This was last summer and it is what caught my attention, it indicated to me that they had become desperate to generate sales, of anything, but were still not making their own stuff!

I last purchased a Colt Combat Commander "Elite" .45 ACP in 2019, which was ordered from the distributor, it was in such poor condition that Colt actually replaced it, with I think a hand picked sample, since that time the only samples of that model are all 9mm, no .45's seen, this indicates they have stopped manufacture of them altogether! They are not making guns at this time, or if they are, just in very limited quantity. Regionally you may see more of their stuff along the eastern seaboard, but there is none in the midwest that I can see.

I'm curious if anyone has even seen a recent manufacture Colt 1911, or revolver??? By recent I mean post pandemic onset? I haven't seen any evidence they are even trying to manufacture either or, I have seen rifles popping up here and there, but nary a whisper of 1911's, or the newly revived snake guns... I am starting to seriously believe this is it for Colt, for real!

Yes they are. Why do you ask?

CZ just bought them, so they will continue and likely improve.

tipoc

Chris Bartucci(my apologies if misspelled)of small arms solutions did an entire vlog dealing with Colt's apparent 180 on selling AR's to the American public, specifically how they first shut it all down, then mysteriously turned about and began selling them again. He examined the new rifles and concluded that none on the parts were Colt manufacture, barrels, lowers, uppers, all sourced! This was last summer and it is what caught my attention, it indicated to me that they had become desperate to generate sales, of anything, but were still not making their own stuff!

I last purchased a Colt Combat Commander "Elite" .45 ACP in 2019, which was ordered from the distributor, it was in such poor condition that Colt actually replaced it, with I think a hand picked sample, since that time the only samples of that model are all 9mm, no .45's seen, this indicates they have stopped manufacture of them altogether! They are not making guns at this time, or if they are, just in very limited quantity. Regionally you may see more of their stuff along the eastern seaboard, but there is none in the midwest that I can see.

Bartucci was wrong on nearly all he said.

American Rifleman took this up in 2019 and reported regularly on developments there. The NRA and American Rifleman took up the many rumors and fake news around this.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2019/9/20/the-keefe-report-colt-s-mfg-and-foolishness/

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/6/26/the-keefe-report-colt-now-shipping-ar-15s

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/8/26/the-keefe-report-a-colt-ar-15-for-home-defense

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2021/2/11/cz-group-to-acquire-colt

Back