Is Colt Still Producing Pistols/Revolvers???

Death-Ninja

I'm curious if anyone has even seen a recent manufacture Colt 1911, or revolver??? By recent I mean post pandemic onset? I haven't seen any evidence they are even trying to manufacture either or, I have seen rifles popping up here and there, but nary a whisper of 1911's, or the newly revived snake guns... I am starting to seriously believe this is it for Colt, for real! :confused:

Nope, just because you see Colt handguns at almost any gun store and read about them in every gun magazine and peruse them in every firearm forum doesn't mean they actually exist. The pandemic killed them all. For real. :rolleyes:

I bought a new-model Colt Python not long ago---well after the pandemic began. So, they are out there.

I'm curious if anyone has even seen a recent manufacture Colt 1911, or revolver??? By recent I mean post pandemic onset? I haven't seen any evidence they are even trying to manufacture either or, I have seen rifles popping up here and there, but nary a whisper of 1911's, or the newly revived snake guns... I am starting to seriously believe this is it for Colt, for real! :confused:

How are we supposed to know? Ask Colt. https://colt.com/contact

Go to Gunbroker and search for:

"Colt 2020 Python"
"Colt new King Cobra"
"Colt new 1911"

You will see several of each. You may not like the prices, but there are some out there.

By recent I mean post pandemic onset?

I read this as asking if pistols have been produced in the Colt factory since "pandemic onset" (what date do you choose for that??? March? April?? another date??) and not what is on dealers shelves right now.

The people who know the answer to that are not here on TFL they are in the Colt factory. (or not, if its closed...)

You need to ask them, directly.

According to the gunbroker email I just got, the Colt Python was the #1 revolver sold on gunbroker in December.

I bought the 6" one just before the pandemic started. The 4.2" just after.

enhance

Don't know if that answers the question or not, but it was a chance to show off a bit. :D

CZ just announced they are buying Colt
I understand it is not final and they have set the end of the month to complete their due diligence. If it goes through, it will be good news for the Colt brand. CZ makes good guns and their Dan Wessons are top notch.

Go to Gunbroker and search for:

"Colt 2020 Python"
"Colt new King Cobra"
"Colt new 1911"

You will see several of each. You may not like the prices, but there are some out there

I see much confusion, and several outright snarky comments from folks who definitely do not possess any insight into OP. I've seen those guns, none of them, have been produced since onset of the pandemic, new older stock is not representative of current manufacture, so just because we see some here and there, does not complete the argument that they are building guns! One other thing, and its important, the rifles Colt has seemingly released, virtually all of them are "sourced" weapons, meaning Colt had little if anything to do with their manufacture! I do not see Colt's surviving much longer, it would be very nice if CZ were to buy the brand, but I do not underestimate Colts ability to sink that possibility, and swiftly!

serial number look-up?

Is there any way to determine the date a 2020 Python was manufactured by using the serial number? My 2020 Python is serial number PY0268XX. I just bought it this week. I highly doubt that it is "new old stock" and has been sitting around on the dealer's shelf since last March. I bet it was made in the past few months, if not sooner. But I have no way of proving that.

I've seen those guns, none of them, have been produced since onset of the pandemic, new older stock is not representative of current manufacture, so just because we see some here and there, does not complete the argument that they are building guns! One other thing, and its important, the rifles Colt has seemingly released, virtually all of them are "sourced" weapons, meaning Colt had little if anything to do with their manufacture!

How do you know which month a Colt was produced? Which rifles is Colt outsourcing? I know their .22 lr guns are just branded as Colts but I've never heard that about their centerfire guns.

Back