is accidental open sight of concealed carry still illegal in FL?

Hogdogs,

You are welcome to your standards.

I have only one glock, and it is more accurate than most Glocks I have shot ( smaller .45). It is no toy, and allows for accurate rapid fire at 7 yards. The nitrided slide and barrel is a big plus.

All my "others" are metal tools. (other than the screw on grips) , and mostly of browning linniage to boot.

Plastic Fantastic has gone overboard in the last 15 years, but there is one company I will say is worth it's wheight in tupperware, it is Glock. :cool:

IZZY, I am not against any plastic guns or smaller calibers or frames... I just have a desire that leans towards the type I mention.

And I just must be drawn to an item before I even try to justify owning it. Currently I am after the only new gun I have wanted in years... It is a blue and walnut "field" gun... I could more easily convince mrs.hogdogs to let me get it if I were willing to own the black synthetic and matte finish version at more than a hundred dollars less... But if I don't get the one I really like, I will wait or give up on getting it.

Brent

Here we go again, WAY OFF TOPIC All the way here from the OP's question on did a law pass. Tisk, tisk, tisk.:(

I just received an email, yesterday, that SB 234 has been approved by the Governor.
It says that once it becomes law it will automatically be in effect. Let's see who will be the first to test how long "brief' is?

Goofyfoot; I looked on the GOVS site, and it was signed. Other than protection against accidental showing, is there anything else?

The new law does a couple of things...

It does away with the "contiguous state" wording for long gun purchases, by repealing SS 790.28. Now, Floridians can buy a long gun from any state in the union, as long as we abide by that state's laws.

It clarifies the "Take your gun to work" law passed a few years back, regarding a gun in your vehicle.

And, it redefines the word "school" when it comes to CC to exclude career centers and other similar buildings.

Thanks. I searched around and could not find anything definative. Any additional gun "privileges" is a step in the right direction.

Back