Is a gas check needed?

I think this conversation, as valuable as it is, has drifted away from practical application to most of us, but, of course, I am presenting a group that I anticipate is as incapable of utilizing the expertise of Unclenick and the other staffers as am I.

As such, I think my question regarding the need for a gas check has been duly answered; I thank all participants, and I will move onto another thread for continued education.

HiBC said:
Y'all can enjoy having a great discussion of plated bullets all you want!!

The question was about gas checks.,Specifically in a 45 ACP.
Yes, the question was about gas checks, but the question began with an invalid statement:

cdoc42 said:
I just received some plated.45 APC "FMJ" bullets

And then went on to another invalid assumption:

cdoc42 said:
I assume, then, the Rainier copper jacket is thicker, and since both are 230gr, there is less lead in the Rainier than in the Precision Delta. Would that be significant enough to affect momentum and penetration?
Correcting the misunderstandings wasn't strictly necessary to answer the question (the answer to which, of course, is simply "No"), but but may be useful to someone else who stumbles upon this discussion.

Y'all can enjoy having a great discussion of plated bullets all you want!!

I don't know how I could be any more clear than that.

I.too,was trying to be of service to the OP.

Summarizing a response to his question.

No heartburn.

I don't know how I could be any more clear than that.
Agreed. I don't think you can be any clearer. Good that you realize that, better, if before you press enter.:eek:
OP needed education re: jackets, plating, and what are NOT gas checks.:)

No need to argue over the degree, or validity of value offered in opinions expressed herein. Every post has value to someone who is less expert than the poster. Thanks, once again, to everyone.

Back