IPSC competitions

I think the "race-guns" are cool. Just like autoracing top level stuff trickles down into production level average Joe stuff. Why do you think thre are
so many "nice" factory 1911s nowadays. Alot of "standard" features a new guns were not such even 15years ago.

Dance with the girl you brought.

I've been shooting USPSA for 30 years and I shoot a revolver. Why, that's the gun I like to shoot. It's fun no matter what division you are in and I get the enjoyment of beating some of the auto shooters from time to time.

Just consider it a training session and compete against yourself. Don't worry about what the other guy is shooting.

if you really think it matters.......

Ah, perhaps experiencing instead of speculating will cause learning.

Learning will cause improvement. Good thing.
But go, because it is fun.

There is plenty of IPSC on your side of the line. Just them funny-looking targets, is all.....

I like to see displays of skill in a competition,,,
Rather than displays of I have more money to spend than you.

Just about anyone ranked B class or better will be able to do fairly well regardless of the whether they are using a stock gun or a fairly tricked out one. You don't get that good just by having expensive gear.

Also, remember that when you compete, you are measured not only against only those with the same type of gear (Open, Limited, Production, etc.), but also only against those in the same class (D, C, B, A, Master, Grand Master, etc.). So while you may be a C class shooter and get smoked by a Master, it doesn't matter since your actual standing is only relevant to other C class shooters.

I'm not chewing sour grapes either,,,
I just want to see some shoots designed for ordinary folk.

Try IDPA.

The Remington 9mm in the green box is right at the minimum power factor if 125 for uspsa standards. So if you buy that off the shelf like I do and shoot it in production division it's a fair fight for everyone.

Back