Inyate Cubwa Sana 2

Rick,
Unless you disconnect the brain these things are unbelievable tough. A heart shot also does the trick however. (And this is hard to believe but it's been proven) 1. A buffalo has one of the highest adrenaline release levels of any mamal on earth. Once they get jazzed up a body shot even with a cannon such as what I shoot has little apparnt effect on them. If one is pissed enough to charge the only way to stop it is a head or high spine shot. It doesn't matter caliber your shooting either .600 .570 .700 will not stop a buffalo with a body shot!

2. It has been documented that a Buffalo with a perfect heart shot from a heavy caliber rifle. I am talking a destroyed heart can run for over 350 yards at full speed and still turn and have enough left for a determined charge. There is a theory that they store enough oxegynated blood in their shoulder and neck muscles to keep them going and the action of running will pump it to the brain.

Some individual critters are tougher than others. This one was just not going to give up. On both of my Buff, I watched the dust fly off the shoulder/neck at the shot if they had been an elk or a moose they would have done an instant nosedive.

It's just a wee bit intimidating to hit something perfectly with a heavy rifle and his only reaction is a slight flinch and to run away like he just shooed a fly.

A case inpoint, One of the guys in our camp was shooting a .500 Jefrey. He hit his second buff high in the shoulders getting both lungs. The bull ran about 500 yds and backed into a Mettete' thicket. Unlike my sitiuation they had good daylight left so they had a smoke a water and waited about 30 minutes. As they approached the thicket at about 20 feet the buff jumped up and ran he took two .400/450 nitro rounds from his PH's gun through the shoulders with no apparent effect and it still took a brain shot from the .500 at close quarters to end it.

You've got to see it to believe it! Maybe an RPG would be better but I'd recomend a head shot;)

Last edited:
If you look closely you can see my first and last shot on this buff. The guy holding up the head is Denbigh he is an apprentice PH who spotted these buff.

The first shot is the one low on his shoulder the buff was slightly quatering towards us so you can see that, Bullet went through both shoulders/ lungs we found it perfectly mushroomed on in the skin on the off side. He also had muliple solids that had made it to the chest cavity. Also notice the color of the blood on that hole. It's a pink froth, pure lung blood.

The last shot is just visable under the right boss. That one did the trick.

Attachments

• denbighbuff.jpg
    denbighbuff.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 22
Back