• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Internal Error?

This is the first time in two days I've been able to even get this far into the site. I use Netscape on a PC (T1/LAN) at work and IE3 on a Mac (56.6) at home and they have both performed the same way lately. Incredibly slow, if at all.

I feel like a junkie Rich; you got me hooked, now you're taking it away. I'll do anything man, please, I gotta get a fix soon or I don't know what I'm gonna do! ;) I'll even pay you double what I normally do, just let me get back under that monkey. :D :D

No signature quotes here for me; trying to conserve bandwidth and all, a simple RKBA will have to do.

TBM-
As I said to a respected Moderator earlier today:
"We Fe-e-e-l your pain, man. Breathe In. Breathe Out."
There. Isn't that better? This is way beyond my talents and geographic reach. I suspect it is not the software, as the UBB Discussion Forums don't seem to be screaming in pain.

My sights are on the Server, 300 miles away. Even if I could get to it, there ain't much this Unix-NonJunky might do...except with a prybar! :)

We all need to sit tight and wait for Spark's return and attention.
Rich

Kimber Man,
Sorry, guy. I shot my whole load of "computer expertise" on that one suggestion. I was hoping for a 12 ga hi-brass result from from a .22 rimfire shotshell I guess! ;)
-------

All Administrators,

Okay, okay. So I went ballistic yesterday morning with the e-mail bit. But at least I gave you facts, right? Okay? I mean I tried, huh? Maybe? (whimper)

On 10/28 was on for about 2 hours. In that time I scored the INTERNAL SERVER ERROR at least a dozen times.

Today I've been on since about 2300 on 10/29. Its now 0240 on 10/30. I have not had one dreaded INTERNAL SERVER ERROR so far. "Knock on organic fiber structural materials". Hvae noted some wierdly inconsistent variables in the speed key strokes register, sometimes almost faster than I can type, sometimes rather slow. Do we have a new problem?

Whatever, today's session was much better than what I ran into on Thursday.

Jim in IN

------------------
-- TANSTAAFL

[This message has been edited by JJB (edited October 30, 1999).]

Dennis, I feel YOUR PAIN...
I have shot of my mouth too...
At least you didn't put your foot in yours!
My new motto:
Think twice - Post once.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

what bothers me about the service slow down is paranoia that a .gov IP address is in process of cloning the sites data...

that is another reason to be aware of the number of simultanious users during the outage period.

was the site that popular, was the software kernel flakey, or was janet reno sweeping?

curious minds

dZ

DZ,
The only intelligent comment I can make on that subject is that I do not know enough to make an intelligent comment. ;)

Spark would have to answer this, DZ. It's beyond me.

But, if the government chooses to clone sites where law abiding citizen's come together to discuss our nation, it's problems and their hobby's, I'd like to get something on the record:

Dear Janet-
Bite me!
Sincerely,
Rich Lucibella

I thought it was just the netscape junk that keeps deleating letters that I send from my mail box. I thought that it haunts and follows me EVERYWHERE that I go on the internet......What do *I* know about this computer stuff........My server needs equalized big time. Anyone got a .45 handy?

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

Well, looks like sumbody fixed sumpin.
Any clues to who or what?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Dennis,
.gov is still trying to unjumble the buffers and backbone glitches... fat chance of downloads!!

Back