Inland 30 Carbine Newly Made

DPris I appreciate your replies and clarification on mil spec parts. I thank everyone else for their input. Like I stated I don't know enough about these guns to hold a rebuilt one in my hands and know if its a good or bad rebuild or know how to check the bore for wear.

As for having cast bolts and receivers I would prefer the forged and machined billets to the cast. But no matter what a part is made of even forged parts will wear if not properly heat treated. I worked in my dads machine shop when young till about age 24 and we machined lots of cast parts. They worked fine for their intended purposes.

Ruger has built a mega industry using cast parts for all their guns and no one every mentions a failure with their guns. And people see the name "ruger" on a gun and they see a gun that will handle unlimited overloads without a fail. They are wrong of course and end up beating a well made gun the death. I suspect thats why ruger doesn't build a 5 shot 44 special on the GP-100 frame. The first thing some idiots would do is to magnumize it and beat it death. Some people never learn.

Anyway I will keep my ears open for any new reports on these guns and I did look at the guns from James River Armory as suggested by CaptainO and those are also in the running with the Inland guns. Rebuilt to like new works as well as brand new for me.

As before- A properly-done cast part in the right application can work perfectly fine.

Ruger's established both internal standards & a solid rep with theirs.

Inland has the opportunity to do the same.
Denis

Well put Denis. And I wish ruger would scale down the mini and make a comparable rifle in 30 carbine.

As popular as this round and lightweight rifle is I am surprised no one has made a different semi auto to fire this round. Like Kel-Tec or something similar.

Back