Inexpensive 22LR ammunition recommendation

Winchester power point eh? I will look into that. Thanks.

Stopped by big 5 yesterday, and got a box of Aquila super ultra. It runs at 1150 fps, almost right at speed of sound. It is about 10% faster than the CCI sv. I will see how it goes.

-TL

Aguila super extra has shot decent for me in a few of my 22 rifles. Costs more, but Norma TAC should shoot well too. I did use a fair amount of it when first introduced in my target 22 rifle, then switched to the more pricey Norma Match 22 ammo, when my competitors in our ranges 22 competition, began using Norma TAC. Found the match to be more consistent. And last, CCI Blazer has always done well for me.

Mind you, I find 22 ammo that has a velocity around 1050 is more accurate for me. But then, I seldom shoot over 50 yds at a target.

Federal Auto Match works great out of all my guns, but for something fast, accurate and cheap try CCI Blazer Ammo. Good groups, reliable and accurate.

Finally got time to try the Aquila super extra standard speed. It works great, even better than the CCI standard speed. It goes faster, and has less bullet drop between 50 and 100yd, with tighter groups. It also seems less affected by cross wind.

I did a less than 2" 30-round group out at 100yd with 3 o'clock cross wind. Not shabby at all for a $75 bargain rack rifle.

-TL

Edit. Aquila super extra standard speed is definitely better at 100yd. But at 50yd, CCI standard velocity is still better. I'm going to keep both, one for 50yd and one for 100yd.

Last edited:
Back