Increasing global, national, state, and city tensions... change your Tactics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
markj,

Henley really nailed it, didn't he?

Every age likes to presume that it is the most tumultuous, catastrophic, etc. I tend not to subscribe to that, but I honestly believe that these United States are set for a rendezvous with some hard, ugly times. We've simply done something which cannot be sustained, which is to spend ourselves into utter destitution.

They have our souls who have our bonds. <shudder>

resulted from using our industrial might to win WW-II

I know this is off topic, but I'd like to point out that there were a number of countries that made made up the Allied forces which were victorious in the summer of 1945.

Back on topic....

According to a 2008 academic salary survey (the best I could do at 6:55 AM), the mean salary of a college/university president was $350K; the mean salary of a college/university football coach was $1.1M (as in million). :confused: Meanwhile the students protest that CEOs and university presidents are overpaid. I'll admit that corporate executive salaries need curbing, but a coach making almost 3X the president? :eek:

It may not make me any more inclined to add extra loaded firearms around the house, but it does make me more inclined to keep 25-year shelf life food in the basement while things degenerate around me.;)

The whole question hinges on one's perception:

IE: When your neighbor gets laid off, . . . it's a recession, . . . when you get laid off, . . . it becomes a depression.

IE: Conflict 12,000 miles from here is a police action, . . . 100 miles from here it is called war, . . . if it is just down the street, . . . it's called a Living Hell or a riot.

And I agree that the overall "per capita" crime level may be down, I don't have perfect access to those figures, . . . but in the 1950's there was not at least 2 shootings and a bank robbery every day in Columbus, Ohio.

Today, . . . that is the norm, . . . the two lead off stories almost every night, . . . "Another shooting on the (take your choice: near East side, on the West side, in the North East) followed by one in one of the other places, . . . then the bank robbery(s).

Lately, . . . the OSU area has seen several armed robberies of students, . . . something practically unheard of when I was hanging out in that area 40 years ago.

The world is getting meaner, . . . less helpful, . . . more petty, . . . less trusting, . . . less caring, . . . and just in general, . . . more ripe for a global conflict that will seriously deplete the numbers.

May God bless,
Dwight

Almost hate to do this, since it's been a fascinating discussion. But it was a borderline topic to begin with (no TEOTWAKI or SHTF threads, per forum rules) and it hasn't turned toward firearms, tactics or training at all.

Closed as off topic.

pax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back