In your office escape plan?

craziest thing i ever heard ! what was the desired result - to teach complete submission and death?

I have always had a real good arm - baseballs, softballs, footballs, snowballs. I have two fist-sized marble paperweights on my desk, one is a pyramid and one is an egg. even if I decided not to go for the head (potentially fatal), but went for the higher percentage CM, it would probably take a guy out of the fight long enough to subdue him.

That is the stupidest %$#% drill I have ever heard about. Are you serious? That doesn't sound possible. Why would anyone want their employees subjected to this? Why would any officer agree to do this?

This is an accident waiting to happen. You need to contact the higher-ups (go outside your department). Something like this should never, ever happen.

It would be a very bad day for someone to open fire on Stinger with blanks. It would be an even worse day to hit him in the head with the buttstock. Stinger has a very even temper, but won't tolerate negligence. When Stinger is referring to himself in the 3rd person, he is not very happy.

This nonsense has to end...immediately.

Stinger

I hope your place of work includes health insurance that covers Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder...

I work as an IT contractor and my available tools at any given work site can vary depending on the level of security at any given location (Installing NCIC systems, I went to every jail and prison in my home state.).

Typically, I carry a Surefire E2, a plain-edge delica and a 16" Airweight ASP baton (in appendix carry) on a regular basis. (Pepper spray is in my lockable Zero Halliburton case but generally inaccessible at the office because of that).

With a gunman in the office place, my best option would be to move away from the gunfire to the nearest means of egress. We have two stairwells (one central to the building, one on the far end) and an elevator (too slow). Staying in place certainly wouldn't a good idea. Without the means to engage a gunman at a distance, I would try to create distance while making use of available cover and/or concealment as I made my way to an exit.

In handling any situation, I try to default to movement in conjunction with any other action that I'm taking. Move! Move! Move!

Are you sure you're not leaving anything out? By your description of your workplace there could have been customers there also when this happened?

At my workplace I probably could escape through any number of exits. The building has been added on to over the years so the floor plan, including doors, doesn't make much sense.

Assuming I couldn't escape my office in time, I guess I would hide just inside the door of my office with my Benchmade and attack the bad guy if he entered.

If your managment thought this was a good idea, I doubt they would be smart enough to find out if you were carrying against their rules:rolleyes:

Shodan

Back