I'm getting a Glock, and I'm not looking back!!!

sundance43.5

I hear a lot of Glock bashing, everywhere I go. I also hear people, praising it as the god-send of modern firearms. I don't subscribe to the last statement, but I believe, for me, a Glock is the best semi-automatic pistol on the market. I looked at a Sig, and could see in my head, the slide rusting. I looked at an HK, and saw myself paying $200 more, for more parts, and potentially more trouble, with their reknowned awful customer service. So, I'm not talking the Glock up, it's just got everything I could want and need.

Flame On!!!

Chris

If your in to plastic Glock is the way to go,but
it sure don't beat a CZ75.
Sorry I think the glock is one of the ugliest pistols
made,has the robocop look.
But as I say that "thank GOD" we can still buy what
we want.

No flame here; hope it's perfect!

Glock = gun.

(But don't be mislead into thinking it's perfect, 'cause it ain't; it's just a machine. A really really good one, though.)

By the way, do you actually own one?

Good For you!

The glock is a great tool for serious use. And as for HK..Guns are great, but I have yet to see an aftermarket magazine supplier. Kinda stinks when you are at the mercy of the dealer for parts.

Good Shooting.

Oh brother

"If your in to plastic Glock is the way to go,but
it sure don't beat a CZ75."

Leave that CZ75 and a Glock in salt water for two weeks, go back and see what they'll look like. The CZ will be a heap of rust and the "plastic" Glock will just need some CLP to make it go. I like the CZ75, but I don't believe in the "mine is better than yours" talk. Right now, there's no simpler, more corrosion resistant, and easier to master pistol than a Glock. There are some that are more accurate, SIG Sauer P226 and CZ75, and some that are a lot prettier, deep blued Browning HP, but none combine lightness and toughness like a Glock does.

So what Glock are you gonna get?

Sundance

The people who read my posts know that I have a litte collection of favorites. If I had to get rid of all but two pistols, my Glock 27 is one of the ones I'd keep.
(Just couldn't let my Seecamp go either!) After reading the posts which said that the recoil of the .40 would tear my arm off, I was really braced for that first shot. Even a little scared. The "terrible" recoil didn't happen and the first shot I fired went into the "X" ring at 21 feet. (Recoil was nothing like a .357 magnum.) The rounds from that first magazine went into a baseball-sized group in the center of the target at the same distance. Your instincts are spot on...get the Glock in any caliber. It may not be the prettiest pistol on the block, but then that's not what you're buying it for, are you? :)

Kentucky Rifle

I'm thinking about getting rid of my 33, but I sure can't say there's anything wrong with your logic. They work.

All this talk about Glocks being able to survive and function after "two weeks of salt water emersion" doesn't seem to be valid.

I'm sure that maybe the slide and frame could handle that test, but what about the barrel and the internal trigger mechanisms, etc?

Not that I hate Glocks; I think they're wonderful works of modern firearms technology. However, common sense should indicate that any pistol subjected to that kind of a corrosive environment for an extended period of time is going to have a problem.

I'm getting the Glock 21. I've fired them before. My dad's chief deputy has one, and when I first saw it, it was a thing of beauty. It's a marvel of engineering: simple, rugged, reliable. I will be getting a Glock 17. 9mm is a better round for me right now.

I'm glad this thread didn't degenerate. And like someone said earlier, at least we can choose our guns.

Thanks

And the internals

are nickeled, so Glocks are very resistant to corrosion. I live in a hot, wet and humid climate, all other firearms require at least a daily coat of CLP in the rain. Not Glocks. Just a wipe down with a dry rag is all it takes.

I regularly rent a Glock M19. I own an SW99 (preagreement) with more than 2000 rnds of 9mm through it, with 100% reliability. My second weapon is a Kel-tec P11 with approximately 1000 rnds through it, with about 20-40 failures to eject (I blame myself, shooter fatigue and improper grip). Out of the few weapons I have owned and rented, I shoot the Glock M19 the best. Some may ask, why don’t I just buy myself a Glock? My answer, I am torn between a M1911 and a Glock 21, and due to my limited funds I can only afford one this year. For me a Glock seems to be a very capable firearm.

I didn'nt know that Glock had tennifer coated barrels and nickle plated internal mechanisms. Very impressive. My desire to purchase a Glock 19 in the foreseeable future has risen considerably.

Ok, who is going to put their pistol in salt water for two weeks? :rolleyes: Give me a break!

Back to the topic: Glocks are good solid pistols. Glocks are among the easiest pistols to disasemble, plus they are simple.
Having said that, in my opinion they do not stack up against a CZ 75 or 97. CZ's are excellent pistols (if not left in salt water for two weeks). :rolleyes:

Sundance,

Congrats on getting a Glock 21. In my opinion, it is the most accurate and best shooting Glock. You picked the best Glock model! ;) Great choice.

I love my Glocks, but I get a chuckle out of a friend's response whenever someone would launch off on the famous "torture tests" that Glocks can endure:

"So it's the perfect gun with people who have good trigger-finger discipline, but otherwise Clouseau-like gun handling skills. If you're likely to drop your pistol off cliffs, under the tires of moving trucks, into salt water or mudholes, or accidentally leave it outside in a bucket of water on a sub-zero night, but will never accidentally pull the trigger, then have we got the perfect pistol for you!":D

Back