If you had to sell one towards something else, which one?

Viper99

I started buying guns that I could ccw with. I don't need all so I am thinking about selling one towards something else like a 92fs inox, Glock 23, S&W model 66/686, CZ75.

If you were me, which one would you sell towards that goal? In reality, I ccw with my LCP most days. Whatever gun will be used mostly for range.

Glock G27 with 9mm conversion barrel.
Walther PPS 9mm (just got it so I don't think is going anywhere)
S&W Chief Special CS9 9mm
Sig P239 9mm

By the way, I also have a XDm 9mm that wouldn't mind unloading for the right gun but I live in CT so the 19 round mags are a problem here.

I'd cut back on other things, and keep my guns!
But if you insist I'll just say personally I wouldn't have bought the PPS in he first place.

The Walther and S&W would by first choices if I had to get rid of one, but I'm with Cheapshooter on this for the most part.

I have a general no sale / no trade policy, but theoretically it'd be my RIA 1911. I got a fantastic deal on it so I could easily break even on what I have into it, and I just was curious about the 1911 platform so I don't have any particular attachment to it.

No intention to sell or trade it though, it's nice. :)

It'd probably be toward a Walther PPS 9mm. I put 100 rounds through a friend's and I found it an excellent shooter.

If you were me, which one would you sell towards that goal? In reality, I ccw with my LCP most days. Whatever gun will be used mostly for range.
I have to go with cheapshooter on this one. The PPS.

Just a note on the Glock 23, It makes a nice carry gun. The grip doesn't stick out too much and the barrel is plenty long enough for accurate shots. A real versatile gun with aftermarket barrels and such. It is one of those things where the grip angle (which I hate) actually makes concealing a smidge easier.

BTW my G23 is stock save the trijicon's and for the most part it will likely stay that way.

Finally the other three mentioned selling are keepers. IF it were me I would get the G23 first only because of the aforementioned and save the Inox for last purchase. Don't get me wrong, great gun IMO, but some mentioned I would buy first.

The CZ 75....which one? the P07, compact, P01? If it were me it would be the P01.

Enjoy, have fun and stay safe!

Up to you , really. All I will say is.. The LAST one I would sell would be that Smith.. all the others are easily replacable if you get sellers remorse, not that Smith though.

Well...
It kinda sounds like you are asking for a reverse-popularity contest. Look at the guns you listed and pick the one you'd kick to the curb?

So, I'll play. The Sig P239 can go away, bye bye.

Of the ones you listed, I'd dump the Glock. They're available everywhere and easy to replace.

Personally, I'd replace that Glock with revolver in a heartbeat.

If you want to dump that CS9 please PM me!!!

Sell one to buy another

I'd part with CZ 75 Compact DA/SA.

That model may be the cat's whiskers in either DA or SA, but not both.

salty

I started buying guns that I could ccw with. I don't need all so I am thinking about selling one towards something else like a 92fs inox, Glock 23, S&W model 66/686, CZ75.

Glock G27 with 9mm conversion barrel.
Walther PPS 9mm (just got it so I don't think is going anywhere)
S&W Chief Special CS9 9mm
Sig P239 9mm

If those were mine, I'd probably be divesting myself of the S&W. The older S&W autos have never appealed to me.

But, there's a lot else to that decision. How much is invested in "accessories and accoutrements" (magazines, holsters). How are the ergonomics for you? how much can you reasonably get for it?

Excepting legacy guns, anything I have can go. The collection has churned quite a bit over the years.

By the way, I also have a XDm 9mm that wouldn't mind unloading for the right gun but I live in CT so the 19 round mags are a problem here.

Shhh! Dude, shhhh!

By the way, I also have a XDm 9mm that wouldn't mind unloading for the right gun but

Its okay, I have it from before the laws were changed so its grandfathered and the mags are registered as the law requires.

But Thank you for your concern.

The CZ 75....which one? the P07, compact, P01? If it were me it would be the P01.

Already have a CZ75 P-01. The one I am drooling for is the CZ75B stainless with the cocobolo wood grips.

Dump the XDm. Possibly dump the SIG and S&W and buy a second gun identical to your primary carry piece. Then, get a Glock 23 to compliment your Glock 27. Get your carry lineup organized into medium (G23), compact (G27) and pocket (Ruger LCP, Kahr PM9, etc). This will allow you to carry in almost any outfit and have the ability to carry a very concealable BUG.

I wouldn't sell anything I have to finance another. Save some money for a while longer, pick up some extra workm or maybe sell some firewood in order to buy what I want.

Got a gunshow tomorrow, so this is what I'm thinking for trade fodder...

Every single one of my Kahrs....PM9, PM40, CW40
Taurus PT22
Maybe the 10-8 since I just picked up a 10-3 that is just a nicer gun even though its bluing is a bit more worn

Trades considered would be any prelock S&W revolvers, Colt revolvers, and whatever catches my eye.

I would part with Raquel and Rowena first,,,

I would part with Raquel and Rowena first,,,
Rowena is my 6" Colt Trooper Mk-III in .22 LR,,,
Raquel is my 4" Colt Trooper Mk-III in .357 Magnum.

04-raquel_rowena.JPG

It's not that they aren't fine guns,,,
In fact they are both very fine shooting machines,,,
It's just that I always seem to pass them by when I go to the range.

If anyone were to offer me $1,200.00 for the pair,,,
They would probably be out the door in a hummingbird's heartbeat.

Aarond

Back