If you HAD to choose THE ONE : )

Remington Speedmaster model552. That's if it has to be a rifle.

I like shooting just about everything, but most of what I shoot is .22

You know you guys are going to cost me some $$$. This talk of the lever .38/.357 has me looking HARD at some on Bud's. Those Henry's look mighty nice. Blued/walnut. Nice!

Yup--can't go wrong with a nice lever--I wouldn't even mind a 336 in 357. Something magical though about that 5 lb rossi for me--a dream to shoot even if not an especially well-made gun. I've looked around and it looks like braztec has dropped it altogether???

Correct[I think]. It seems they are dis-continued. Too bad, as they were certainly less expensive than the Henry's. Still snooping.

My Socom16...

As fun and physical to shoot as my Garand or my lever-guns, fast and powerful.

ExtrAoNl.jpg

CPrTRZym.jpg

I think my favorite to shoot is my Henry .22 lever gun. I get excited a month ahead of time knowing I've got an afternoon or two to shoot through a few big boxes of ammo at any tin cans or pop bottles that wander into range.

stagpanther said:
...all-around most fun and enjoyable...

That being the criteria, there's no doubt from my collection it would be my Encore Pro Hunter handgun in 7mm-08.

You can't shoot it without giggling like a school girl. It's a blast, both literally and figuratively. The recoil force with full-power loads is roughly equivalent to a large 44mag revolver... but delivered in a bit more than 1/2 the time.

It also makes a mighty fine hunting gun and I've taken deer with it from ~20 feet out to 175 yards.

attachment.php

For long guns my favorite to shoot is my first AR I put together. It was kind of like a first child to me, a learning curve so to speak. Makes it that much more fun to shoot.

For handguns believe it or not but my rough rider .22 that I got brand new for $75. I'm not real sure why, it serves no purpose other than a cheap gun that goes bang and shoots the cheapest .22 ammo I can find.

For pure fun...I'd pick my BSA Martini Henry 22 bull barrel single shot, with Parker Hale peep sights, shooting offhand at steel reactive targets @ 100 yards.

Back