If you had a time machine

Stressor said:
If you had a time machine, what gun-related event would you try to influence?
I would go back to my teens and buy a boatload of ammo for my grandfather's Winchester Model 1903. It's the only firearm chambered for the .22 WAR (Winchester Automatic Rimfire) cartridge. This ammo is now basically unobtanium -- I have the rifle, and a couple of boxes of Aguila ammo for it. Don't want to shoot it all up.

Sorry to burst your bubble (well, truthfully, not really sorry), but time travel has been proven not to exist.

A secret study conducted by the University of Minnesota in late January 2001 canvased every sports bar in the Twin Cities and surrounding area and there was not a single instance of someone shouting “I’ll give you the Vikings and 40 points!” on January 14, 2001.

What more proof would you need?

Confirmation can be had by contacting the University of Minnesota’s Physics Department. Just ask them about ‘Project Purple’ and they’ll deny it ever took place.

I would help with the drafting of the 2nd Amendment

Not strictly gun related but I would like to slip in Amendment Zero:
"All laws and regulations shall apply to all government employees whether hired, contracted, enlisted, appointed, or elected, in the same manner and degree as to citizens of that jurisdiction."

Yes, Mr Prez, your secret service bodyguards are going to have to have CCW permits.
Yes, General, your tank will have to have a license plate if you take it off the base.

Does that include members of Congress?? :rolleyes:

Why not just say "All laws apply to everyone, no exceptions, and we really, really mean it!" :D

I would go back to 1967 and make about 1000 lightning links and register them. Sell 3 or 4 of them every time I need 100 K.

Gun people don't understand opportunity costs and claim they would buy guns as investments. But it's gun related so ok I guess.

Last edited:
I would do everything I could to defeat, or repeal the NFA 1934.
Same for the GCA 1968. It would be a much pleasenter world without these monstrosities.

This^^^plus try to stop the 1986 machine gun ban portion of the Hughes Amendment.

IF you prevent the 1934 NFA and the GCA 68 there is no need for the 86 FOPA and nothing for the Hughes amendment to attach to.

Having a time machine includes the ability to travel back and forth, so my pipe dream would be going back mmm a thousand years, or so, and spend a summer in what is now part of California, collecting "rocks"...:D

Which version do you prefer?
1. Time travelers are somehow insulated from paradoxical changes made in the past.
2. Time travel changes result in a new timeline.

Which version do you prefer?
1. Time travelers are somehow insulated from paradoxical changes made in the past.
2. Time travel changes result in a new timeline.

The answer to this is "yes" sort of.

First point, every change, every decision every act creates its own timeline.
Second, the technobabble is "gross macro probabilities cancel out random micro probabilities.

The idea being go back and hunt some dinosaurs, bring the trophies home with you, the most you'll be changing is the chemical composition of a few ounces of oil...

OR., don't worry you'll prevent the human race happening, because you stepped on the one small proto-rodent from which we all developed. There isn't just one. We will still evolve, just from a different rat...:rolleyes:

Note that in fiction, you can't go back and save your girlfriend or your parents with the time machine, because you built it after they died. If they don't die, you don't build the time machine....

and, if you don't build the time machine, the most you can do about your parents dying is...grow up and become the Batman......:D:rolleyes:

Want to make a change that starts with a gun design, convince the Crown to fully adopt the Fergeson breechloading flintlock.

Nothing to beware of. Its a theory, and while they have built complex math models to explain how it COULD work, there is no proof that the assumption that random minor things have a determining effect of larger complex actions DOES work.

Set your parameters wide enough, you can co-relate anything in our physical universe. But some degree of co-relation is NOT the same things as causation. Your wife didn't romantically snuggle with you last Tuesday because a month ago some guy in a bar in Hoboken ordered a Miller instead of a Budweiser.

They call it CHAOS THEORY for a reason.
Two reasons, actually...:D

Back