If you could only keep one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

If you could only keep one, which one would that be? Both are super accurate, high end quality and reliable. Both are great range guns but can be carried comfortably.

- Dan Wesson Vigil CCO 9mm
- Sig Sauer P226 Legion SAO 9mm

They look like the ones on these photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d3dfa07cbe461f1fa2912576fe12836d.jpg

33bc87233004fdefa1acf1082a7ee622.jpg

WPSAMagwell005.jpg

My Wilson Combat Professional. I have full confidence in this guns ability since it has never failed to fire, or miss the target when I do my part. I have over 25,000 rounds through this gun.

What I have now, it' the Walther PPKS, compromise between size, weight and power.

Hopefully in a week, it'll be Glock 26 that I just bought and still in the waiting period. I am late to the game!!!

That's a tough one since I don't have any experience with either one. I'm leaning towards the Sig.

Seems like some didn't understand the question.

Folks,

Please focus on the question. Which of the two pistols in question would you keep, if you had to choose just one. I own both but may have to keep just one to cover some personal expenses.

They are both in the same price range, quality and reliability. They are both very accurate and single action. Until now, I see that some of you prefer the Sig Sauer.

I originally bought the Dan Wesson to practice with a 1911 using the cheaper 9mm ammo. Although it is a production gun, it is also hand fitted to some extent. It holds 9+1 rounds using a Wilson Combat mag. The trigger is very nice. No MIM parts used for internal components. I wonder if the Dan Wesson would retain its value, over time, better than the Sig Sauer.

The Sig Sauer, on the other hand, uses 10 Rd mags and came with high profile sights, red dot and light rail. It also has a flat trigger and anti-corrosion treated internal parts. The trigger is almost as nice as the Dan Wesson.

Your thoughts?

While I don’t have either specific pistol you listed, I do have several 1911’s and a couple Sig P226’s. I would have to say keep the Sig.

Sorry I miss understood. Of the two, Sig.

Sig looks to be high capacity and polymer. I have a Gold Cup 1911, it's very good for target, but it's heavy and less safe ( being SA). To me, it's more important to be reliable and good for self defense.

1911 is way too old a design.

I may be reading too much into this, but I'm guessing you live in a state with magazine capacity restrictions.

If that's the case, then I would keep the 1911. Its easier to conceal and the magazine capacity issue is nearly moot. Plus its classy.

If normal capacity magazines are available, I'd probably keep the Sig, although I'm not a huge fan of SAO Sigs in general. If it was DA/SA I'd be more likely to keep the Sig.

The 1911 has a more classic look I like better but the Sig has more bells and whistles. Which do you like better? Do you need the rail and optics ready platform? Are you looking for a slim carry gun. Only you can decide.

Under the parameters given, my selection would be the SIG Sauer pistol.
That firearm would seem to have the greater flexibility of the two, to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back