If you could only keep one...

Hi Everyone,

If you could only keep one, which of these two revolvers would you choose?

SW 686 2.5” Pre-lock or
Kimber K6s 2” w/hammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I could only keep one? You mean, I get to keep it? Well, then, I choose the Kimber.

If you get to keep it then pick the one you shoot most accurately.

I'd say the 686 and never look back. You can get an excellent trigger on the Smith and there are many gunsmiths that work on them. The Kimber is rare and not many gunsmiths that I know of.

Neither.... I wouldn't have owned one in the first place, so no choice to make :) . Why bother if there Colt and Ruger Single Actions around. Ha!

686 all day long.

It's a pre-lock so it's value is going to increase - IMHO - more than the Kimber will (if it does at all).

Plus - I just flat out don't like Kimber. (even though I have 2 of the 1911's and carry one of them on occasion)

I've already gone through this. Have owned 586, sw 19, ruger security six and speed six, LCR's and now I am going with the Kimber K6.
It shoots as wells as any of the others but is a much smaller, compact package for carry that feels like a swiss watch.
So my vote is Kimber K6. Would have gotten the hammered version if it was avaiable at the time, but no problems in accuracy with the original version.

a863036ccc83b420977a5c98192553d8.jpg
dc4de6a30f95d083e936d86dc8bdbad5.jpg

Size and weight is a practical factor, if one wants to conceal carry. The Kimber wins hands down for that purpose. For any other application, the 686 is perfect.

I would never allow myself to get into that dismal of a situation in the first place.
But if I must play, the S&W with no contemplation.

Back