If Wishes Were Fishes...

I don't have the hunting experience that many of you seem to have, nor do I have a particular liking for older model/styles of guns. Perhaps there is a link between those two factors.
So I tend to look at the leading new designs in both cartridge and rifle. My (few) are:

Desert Tactical (now Desert Technical) bull pup chassis with 338 lapua barrel/bolt (and spare barrel/bolt/magazine for .308)
Tavor - left hand (.223)
Steyr Aug - left hand bolt assembly (.223)
FN 2000 (.223)
Desert Tactical MDR (.223) (available 2015)
Kel Tec RFB (.308)
Above rifles should have two/quick release optics:
Mepro M21 Optics/MX3 optical multiplier and/or Leica ER 2.5-10/42 optic

Accuracy International left handed rifle in .338 lapua
Sako 85 Bavarian left handed in 6.5 Swede

I guess there is a pattern across most of these. A penchant for bull pups for sure, and not a whole lot of practicality among 'em!

An M60E4, transferable ones are going for $40k+... A little less expensive than some of the houses I'm currently considering... If only I could live in a belt fed weapon.

If only I could live in a belt fed weapon.

This is probably the dream of every firearms enthusiast that isn't filthy rich. I'm thinking I could make it happen, just need to figure out where to put the couch and TV. :D

Aside from my joke-ish post of the most expensive gun in the world, I'd really like to have an unissued M1C Garand with the original scope. I don't even know if one still exists, but if it does, it is WAY out of my price range.

If money were no object....

...I would buy a Desert Tactical SRS in .338 or .300. It would be the HTI, but the listed calibers are either illegal (.50) or unobtainable (all the others). Scope? A S&B fixed. Possibly 10x (with which I would of course be able to shoot beans at 20 miles).
If that weren't to happen, then a Steyr Mannlicher SSG 08 would do nicely.

If I were allowed another to add I would squeeze in an HK MR308. That would have a decent zoom scope. 4-16x perhaps, but not sure which brand. Oh, what the heck: a Nightforce or IOR.

Then the practicalities:

Having bought these two extra rifles I would then have to buy the extra big gun safe required by law, then I would have to buy a new flat to fit it in.

Aside from all of that, it seems perfectly feasible...;)

Last edited:
well...I would say that if money was no object I would have a hard time deciding between a
1. type 97 Arisaka Sniper rifle

or

2. Seekins Precision, Billet, fully ambi, AR15 with compensator/flash hider, and ultra light M16 BCG.

Still wishing

Heck, I'd be happy if I could get the caliber/feed conversions for my 23E.

7.62x51 belt feed box and the swing down magazine adapter and correct bolt carrier. With a couple spare barrels of course.

And all that for the 7.62x39 conversion as well.

And that darn E series scope rail...

A Sharps or a H&H double rifle in a caliber neither is currently offered and/or a custom levergun. Perhaps simple choices, but on my wish list none the less.

Dunno, a semi-auto 50 BMG?

One of those "Quigley down Under" guns?

If ammo were infinitely available, a MiniGun?

Yes please, all 3.

And every awesome Winchester lever ever built.

Back