If Wishes Were Fishes...

Kleab

If money were not a factor and you could go out and purchase any firearm you wanted, what would you choose? Details.

Because this is the rifle section, let's stick to rifles.

My choice would be between either a:

1) Sauer 303 Elegance in 9.3x62 with a 20" barrel topped with a Schmidt & Bender 6x42 Klassik fixed power scope.

Or

2) Big Horn Armory M89 Carbine, 500 S&W mag, with #1 Walnut and Hunter Black finish topped with the Leupold Scout Scope.

The images don't exactly match the choices, but close enough.

http://www.eurooptic.com/images/products/sauer-303-elegance-300-win.jpg

http://www.bighornarmory.com/previe...catalog/2bd94d304e6748a2bf5367f550af25351.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I would buy a completely restored and correct Lee Speed Rifle. I had a Lee Speed once. Bought it as a project and couldn't locate the parts to straighten it out. Damn near broke my heart when I sold it.

There is no production rifle that meets my wishes.

I have a cartridge that I have designed but not yet built, as well as several more ideas to pursue. The chambering would undoubtedly be one of my own invention.

The barrel, I don't know where I'd get that either but I've been interested in the Gain Twist concept and would really like to have one made using an equation that produced rifling which would exert a constant G-Force on the bullet.

The action would be single shot and one capable of outstanding accuracy. There are many options, from Savage Competition, Surgeon, Farley, BAT, Stiller, etc. I would need more research at this moment to decide but if I had to say RIGHT NOW, I'd probably go Farley.

Optics, I'd also need to look into further but we all know the big names. I've got to believe it would be NightForce or one of similar repute. I like high magnification. I'd love to have one that was like 3-60 if such a thing existed. Would be wicked cool to specify my own requirements and have it custom made.

I don't know what I'd do for a stock.

Gentlemen, it just occurred to me that a gentle reminder of TFL's Copyright Policy is in order. Please review for images and "hot link" only unless you own the rights to them. As much as it pains me to say it.:(

Edit: I took care of it, guys.

Buzzcook said:
This .600 Nitro Express would be a nice plinker.

I'd be afraid to shoot it both for financial and pain reasons.:D

Last edited:
I wouldn't just want one......

1. JOC tribute rifle.
2.every nosler rifle in every caliber.
3. One of each American military rifle.

Nope not askin for much......but dreamin of everything!!!!!

I would build another light varmint class rifle. I guess it begins with an F class Panda action and sure about the barrel. It would be a duce just because.

VO Vapen Royal Collection United Arab Emirates Edition rifle...Because if money isn't an option, I don't need a reason to want something that expensive.

Still wishing

I would like a Holland & Holland double rifle in .375 H&H.

If the ability to reload ammo comes with the deal, I'd like a M3 37mm AT gun.

Besides a fine Holland & Holland double rifle. I would pick a BPCR Sharps Long Range Target rifle in 45-70, with all the bells and whistles.

Lately I've been finding scopes and other high-end accessories as the objects of my lust affairs. I think I'd be a lot more picky with the scope than the rifle, but I'd really like a Sako TRG 42. I've shot a TRG 22 and they are on a whole different level than most rifles!

I'm with Brian...

I would custom build around a cartridge that I designed, and am in the process of getting produced.

Probably a Savage action, with a Hart barrel, and a McMillan stock, Zeiss scope. More than likely in 7mm.

Back