If money is not an issue, which revolver would you buy?

A mint S&W Model 27 with a 4” barrel.
My new 27 was really nice but in the end I chose to keep my 28 and give the 27 to a friend who really really wanted it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The 28 shot as accurately and was as reliable as the 27, just not as pretty and at the time what I needed was a carry gun anyway.

The 28 sure was purty though.

Attachments

• M-27 blue.jpg
    M-27 blue.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 928
  • M-27 top strap 1.jpg
    M-27 top strap 1.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 922
  • m-27 top strap 2.jpg
    m-27 top strap 2.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 912
I'd be pretty happy with a 3 1/2" M-27
Or even to have my old 4" M-57 back (but then I'd have to go back and buy another set of dies, brass and bullets.)
So short of winning the lottery, I can live just fine without them, and have been doing so for a while. And since I don't buy lottery tickets....

The only revolvers I want (and don't already have) are no longer in production.

A K-frame 38 or 357 (38 preferably) w/ 3" bbl.

An N-frame 44 Special.

liv4spd said:
I would choose a Smith & Wesson Performance Center 627 TRR8. 357 Mag Caliber with a capacity of 8 rounds.

Can you tell us why?

I would get a S&W 15 with combat trigger, combat hammer and magna stocks from the 70’s. This is because I don’t have a real combat 38 spcl. That is me though. My S&W collection is a bit of an amoeba.

It started when I wanted a blued S&W….as an aside I considered anything less than 357 mag as whimpy when I was young. I ended up with a nice 19 with nice target stocks, but otherwise a combat type 357. I was thrilled.

Then I thought, dang this thing is accurate. What would target revolvers be like….in came a 14-4 and a 17-3. Wow! This is amazing! Then…..then….

If I were on my first revolver, I would be torn between a utilitarian SA in 45 Colt or 44 mag vs a DA in 38/357. Let’s say DA 38/357 fills the bill. Then I would be torn between a GP100, 19-3ish or an older 27. If hunting, probably the GP100. If packing probably the 19. If collecting, the 27.

which one?

It would be my S&W model 57 .41 mag with an Armoloy finish. Super smooth action, deadly accurate, great iron sights, trigger like butter, etc.

Back