Idiot designer

Which also leads back to the fact that if you want the features of a model 700, you should buy the 700. There is no reason to assume that when you buy a different model of gun that the parts will interchange. There may be some parts that do interchange, but you should not expect that is the case. They are different models which means different parts/features/etc.

It appears that Remington designers are doing most of their work on the back of a cocktail napkin at the end of a three martini lunch.

WTH were they thinking ?

Budget rifle or not...keep it consistent.

Engineers often like to make their own creations, are often told to reduce unit costs and might intentionally creat a design that is not compatible with others.

Problems been solved with the 783 single piece ring /bases made by Remington. I mounted the new vortex crossfire and will return it to my pops
I like the gun and it shoots well. It's no savage axis and definitly no 700. It serves it's purpose. Cheap plinking with low recoil.

The Remington 783 does indeed use the 700 bases, it just uses two of the front bases which CAN be bought separately. What's the big deal with that?

I won one of these rifles in a raffle and was about to sell it off, but the wife insisted that I keep it as a gift for the "Stepson From Hell".:o

I purchased the aforementioned bases and mounted a 3X9 Bushnell scope that I hadn't been using on it. It shot very well with three brands of 150gr. loads. I didn't go any further in accuracy testing with any other loads, but it did consistently place 5 shots into a 1.5" circle from a bench rest with the 150gr. factory loads. There wasn't any issue with feeding or extraction using the stock magazine.

What more can you ask of a "cheapo" rifle?

Back