Identify this gun?

"Standard" .38 Spl has for generations been a 158gr @ approx. 850fps (6" barrel) so a 125gr at a nominal 900fps indicates a standard (not high pressure) load. The lighter bullet moves a bit faster at standard pressure.

Should be fine in your gun.

Ok folks as an update to the thread I'd like to address the naysayers.

First thing I did was take this gun to a few smiths and then a friend of mine who has been working with guns since the Mosin cost 50 bucks. All but one told me "this gun is old but it's perfectly safe to shoot"

Now I wanted to know for certain, so I took Old Faithful to the range and put an entire box of standard FMJs through it.

Now not only did this gun suffer no damage, it was fantastically accurate.

A little odd to shoot simply due to how it's designed, so you have to aim a bit lower than you would with an auto loader. But in the right hands I suspect this "pot metal" gun could thread a round through the centre of a dime at 25 yards.

Hopefully this sea of misinformation can end here with this thread.

As an addendum, if you do pick up on of these Eibar knockoffs please bring it to a smith or knowledgable person before you shoot it. Yes my gun works beautifully but not all guns were created equal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

put an entire box of standard FMJs through it.

you have to aim a bit lower than you would with an auto loader.

The needing to aim lower could be entirely due to the ammo you shot. Standard .38spl FMJs are usually 130gr bullets. You gun is almost certainly factory sighted for the 158gr bullet.

It has nothing to do with autoloader or revolver. It has to do with fixed sights and bullet weight/speed at a given distance.

Back