Identification of sporterized mauser reciever.

I can't really contribute anything as to who made the receiver but I will say that I would gladly pay $200 for that rifle. I think that you did very well on it and it certainly turned out to be a good shooter.

I remember the heat and humidity of south Louisiana, my mother and most of my family are in Abbeville area, Vermilion Parish.
That's exactly where I'm from

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

candlejackstraw,

The circle Z mark could mean Czech proof mark, or a Polish Radom arsenal mark (a lot of Polish Mausers got sent to participate in the Spanish Civil War and from there into the surplus market). Does the serial number end with a letter?

The lower case b in a C mark on the barrel obviously means something to someone, but I don't know what. The only guess I would hazard to make is it could possibly mean "chrome bore" which was offered on some Mauser hunting rifles after WWII (in both 30-06 and 270 Win). You can test to see if you have a chrome bore or not with a cotton swab and some cold blue, if you run the cold blue down the inside of the muzzle and it doesn't work, then you have a chromed bore.

Jimro

I picked up a Mauser today that looks just like yours!! The barrel is from Numrich (that circle with an anchor inside of it is from Numrich). The action has been ground and the serial numbers restamped, stripper guides were ground off, and it was drilled and tapped, big and ugly bolt knob, so I will replace that, and a recycled Mark X stock. I gave the guy $125 for it. For the price, not bad. The only thing I wanted was the action, the rest will go away.

Back