IAC 981R 12 Gauge

A brand new Mossberg with wooden stocks is $247 all day every day at walmart...;););)

That is not a real spendy figure considering all things...
American MADE...
Great Customer Service...
Accessories and great barrel selection abound...
Company still has family in it and they have never been bought up due to financial woes over the decades...

There will always be parts available for these guns and the international shakiness of importation of arms has always kept me from considering chi-com/3rd world offerings...

Brent

Last edited:
Only a few... I thought they were okay at the moment but just don't trust their overall QC from the git go... I do know what a mossberg looks like when built right for a good inspection of the one I am holding...

I also know I have never paid for a part from them as all were sent free of charge and I know I am far from the only guy to have this very same opinion of their QC and CS...

No need to save a pittance for a gun I count on to go bang everytime and I can get that from the venerable American Made Mossberg 500 and for a jump in price I would like to one day own a real Wingmaster... But I really want the Mossberg Semi auto for the low low price of $600 with real walnut stocks...

Sure I can get a clone semi for +/- $350 but why would I ever consider such a thing when I get the benefits I mentioned above at a price point far from Highfalutin... "Gentleman's Guns"...

Brent

^^^

Point taken. Having never has a malfunction with my 982, I've never had to use IAC's customer service. It's very possible that Mossberg's CS would surpass many shotgun maker's out there. You go with what you know, where is where most of my "points" come from.

I've always wanted a 590/590A1, due to the 500 having the sealed mag tube. I never could get get past that.

I have never "wanted for more" than the 6 in the gun... When I hunt with it the most shells I pocket are 4 or 5 and that will be if I am going to try calling a yote or see a turkey to kill....

Brent

Mine? 1988-1990 thousands of rounds with intentional " torture tests " along the way... Factory mag spring and tube... spring feels wimpy on last round or empty but still empties all 5 flawlessly every time... Every thing is factory on this one and the only part I ever needed was a factory rear stock screw as it came with a PGO and I liked it for a property snake shooter but I wrecked an arm in a crash.... Gave them a call and they told me it was free... I said a decal or 2 or a shirt too??? Got all 3 in less than 4 days...

Brent

Back