I would like gun cleaning advice please

Gunzilla: http://www.topduckproducts.com/

Gunzilla® BC-10 is a patent pending formula designed to clean, lubricate and protect all in one formula. Gunzilla performs best when no other cleaners, oils or preservatives are used. Gunzilla BC-10 was developed to reduce weapon malfunctions and to remove the health concerns associated with hazardous gun cleaners and lubricants. Gunzilla is made from natural based materials and contains no water and no petroleum solvents. It is safer and more effective than other gun cleaners, and can be used on every type of gun which includes handguns, shotguns, rifles, automatic weapons, black powder guns and cannons.

Hello everyone. I own one gun, a Ruger SR9c. Stainless slide, plastic frame, talon stick on grips. I live in an apartment with a wonderful wife and child. I do not have a dedicated place to go to clean my gun. I am looking for a simple and basic system that works. I am not trying to get into a cleaner and gun oil war. I would like a product that will not stink up the apartment with a migraine causing odor for my wife.

Take your kit with you and clean there after you shoot.

^^^^
Best reply, yet.
Clean it at the range and store it in a smell proof container.
Your marriage will benefit, for sure.
Don't forget your clothes, too.
Drop them straight in the washing machine when coming in the house after a range session.
Well, check first for visitors before running around in your jockeys.

I had the same problem: We briefly lived in an apartment so I needed something that my sensitive-nosed wife wouldn't find objectionable, so my classic CLP and Hoppes were out. I settled on Slip-2000 Carbon Killer and Froglube paste, instead. I initially picked those because of their smell, but I like them both so much that I still use them even though we now live in a house and I clean my guns in the garage.

The Froglube works excellent as a lube and pretty well as a CLP, and it has a pleasant mint odor. The Slip-2000 is an excellent solvent and it has a mild orange smell.
s1mp13m4n said:
I am not interested in a product that wants you to heat up the gun to clean it (FrogLube for example).
They only want you to heat it up for the first application, not every time you clean. But it's not necessary for it to still work well. I've used Froglube on my Glock 19 for a few years now and I've never heated it up. And it still works really well. Sure, you can heat it up for the first application if you want to, but it's not required.

The barrel you can simply clean with soap, water, and a bore brush. With the rest of the pistol 91% isopropyl alcohol, a toothbrush, and Q-tips. Follow with whaterver lube you use and you'll be GTG. This is my routine with my Glocks, except I clean the slide with soap & water also ;)

Back