I won a Taurus Judge in a raffle

I meant a .45LC bulldog, but that .45ACP one is interesting and I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Also looking at a S&W Model 25-5, even tho' that is a little bigger gun than what I was thinking.

zxcvbob: My Wife surprised me with a super bright SS 4 inch barreled Taurus Judge, many years ago for Xmas. I probably would never have bought one for myself at that time. But it has been IMHO a really super fun gun to have and shoot. Buy the 410 shells made for pistol`s or the others will stick. Whenever I take mine to the range I have to take a lot of extra ammo for it because, other people there will stand in line to just shoot it. Mine has about the heaviest D/A trigger on it I have ever shot, but shooting it S/A, isn't bad and it works alright both ways for me. Mine shoots all the different types of 410 ammo fairly well, and they are a lot of fun to shoot. But shooting 45LC`s out of mine is different. It really isn't all that bad 4 to 6 inch groups at 25yds off hand, is about normal and recoil is not bad at all. I use to float the streams in my canoe a lot and some time camp out overnight. And my Taurus Judge and 20 inch barreled SS Rossi Lever Gun in 45LC is just about perfect to take along on this type of trip. I shoot & reload 250gr to 255gr Hard Cast LRNFP bullets and use Win 231 powder to factory specs in all my 45LC`s in either handguns or rifles. The Taurus Judge a unique handgun and not for everybody. But I just happen to like mine even tho I don`t shoot it much.
ken

I'll bet this gun in close quarters would be many times more effective at stopping a threat than pepper spray. I think I would like one for inside the home for defense. My kids and grand kids live with me now. My preference for this is a shottie or centerfire handgun, but too many walls and too many kids. Then there's my other problem. CA prohibits these.

A friend of mine has an early Judge and an S&W Governor. I want a Judge, the Guv? Not so much, the Taurus is just a smoother gun, and they are easy to find in any config you would want.. Either one with those OO buckshot .410's in it is nothing I would like to get shot with.

Back