I Went Back To Plastic For EDC

Nice. I just switched to the Hellcat from my Glock 43. Its a shame since I swapped the trigger to an Agency Arms and added a Double Diamond connector and Crimson Trace Laserguard Pro (light/laser). I added Ghost +2 to the two spare mags I carried for a total of 23 rounds (7+8+8). I swapped the base plate of my Hellcat to the flush one since you don't gain any extra rounds. I also bought 2 extra 13 round mags. I can carry 38 rounds (12+13+13) or 40 if I use the extended mags (14+13+13). I know most gun fights don't come anywhere close to that round count, but I use my carry gun at the tactical range and I'm always at a disadvantage. Maybe I just wanted a new gun. LOL
For me the 15 round Shield mag's for the Glock 43x/48 are a game changer.

I am a big fan of poly frame pistols for CCW. Not only are they lighter but also seem to be more tolerant of having little lube and still functioning perfectly. I CCW either my Walther PPS or Geb 2 Glock 19.

pYws2Sc.jpg

16puVx6.jpg

I have carried my Glock 19 4th gen in the Glock $13.00 factory belt slide for years, it still looks like new, pulls in tight to the body. And weighs nothing.

Were I to go to a small plastic it would be the Shield, it has a safety on it. If not for pocket carry it doesn't have to be super small. Well, I'd actually carry a Lightweight Commander and forget about plastic.

Back