I want to be anti SW

I just hate myself . . .

Back in '90, when I had just quit the gun store and started law school, I worked a gun show with my old boss. He used to like to offer me phenomenal deals to sort of watch me jump (I'd get pretty excited), and to do me a favor - nice guy. He made me some really amazing deals.

Anyway, before this show started he hauled out a 1917, parkerized, no import marks but not pretty looking. He said, "Karl," (he calls me "Karl," my first name), "you can have it for $100." (Or was it $85? No, I think that's what he had in it.)

I turned him down. Didn't have a need, or any spare money. I sold it pretty much instantly at the gun show for around $225 (as I recall).

Man, I can't count how many times I've wished I'd bought that gun.

You know what I'd really like, though . . . a Colt 1917. A little harder to find, and more interesting to me for that reason. There are a couple available online right now, but not at prices I'm willing to pay. And that $100 Smith sort-of ruined me for being willing to pay big bucks for these revos.

So, Dr. Rob, I understand your point. The new ones look great, don't they?

I inherited a pristine Smith & Wesson 1917 from my Dad's estate, along with a NIB 1955 Smith & Wesson .45acp. They are indeed magnificient large framed revolvers.

7th

Back