I want a pocket plinker .22

Feg 22

FEG Mark II for 139 dollars, at KY Imports, Like a PPK in looks, accurate, easy to tear apart and tune. I'm looking for the next size up from them called an APK I think, in .380

Wellllll....My wife got me a HP22 for V-day (she her me talking about it) so I'll give it a run through. So far all Ive done is taken it down and cleaned it real good. Examing it as I cleaned it I have find things wrong with the finish or with the slop in the trigger BUT then I remind myself that I'm comparing it to my SIG......Wrong, she only paid $100 for the thing, It's not going to be made with the same quality as my SIG. Yea, the safties are a real piece of work too...but it's for me not a novice. I'll get back to ya' after I go to the range with it. I got a couple boxes of stingers with it so we'll see what happens. So far, I say I got just what was paid for....a $100 gun....the next step is at the range.

I know I am in the minority but my Dad and I both have Jennings J-22s, bought years ago and we really like them. They both have 1000s of rounds through them with very little problems in terms of reliability or accuracy. The sights are terrible and the trigger isn't great, but it works like a charm.

mept, do you have a FEG. It sounds interesting to me.

I had a J-22 until last year, it was given to me about 15 years ago. I finally totally gave up on the gun. I couldn't bear the thought of sticking anyone with that horrible thing, so I fired up the Dremel Tool and cut the receiver and slide in two, and discarded them. I kept the magazine and the grips, in case I ever ran across someone that wanted them, but IMO the J-22 is pure junk!

The Pheonix HP-22 is the only.22 semi-auto I've ever had
(and I've had a bunch) that has never had a malfunction.
Mine has been an amazing gun for the money.

Back