I think I'm done with Semi-auto pistols,,,

I had decided I was through buying any pistol unless it was one of the few that I am still looking for, like a S&W mdl 58, or a 6"mdl 28, but I walked into my local gun shop, bought some primers, and also walked out with a Ruger LCP. Did'nt need it, but just decided it would be nice to have a pistol to just drop into my pocket.

Just when you think you're out, they drag you back in!

David

there's always something to catch our eyes,,,

I won that Gunbroker auction I mentioned,,,
So yesterday after work I popped into The Evil Pawn Shop,,,
I needed that copy of his FFL to send to the seller of the .22 revolver.

As I was waiting for him to print one off for me,,,
I saw a short barrel heritage revolver with pink birds-head grips.

Now this isn't something I would ever buy for myself,,,
But I have started taking another young lady plinking at the range,,,
She will graduate in December and this with a nice belt/holster would be a great gift.

This proves I'll never be finished buying handguns,,,
But I'm fairly confident that I'll not be looking for another semi for me.

Unless I see one I think I can flip for a decent profit,,,
Then all bets are off. ;)

Aarond

Make sure you didn't miss my post above about the Colt Woodsman. (it looks as though we were entering posts at the same time)

I think if you get one in your hands and you feel that slide move across the frame, your interest will be piqued. :D

That seems to be the direction I'm headed as well. Quick perusal shows seven DA revolvers, three SA and only three semis.

I have been more drawn to wheel guns lately, though I need more DA practice as I am a much better shot with the semis and single actions. I was working on that before we moved, and I haven't had much time or money to shoot of late. Have been trying to make up for that with some dry fire practice, but not regularly enough.

I feel like I have my bases covered. I have a Ruger MK III (plinky plinky), Glock 19 (carry and nightstand) and Colt's Government (to pair with my Garand and really just because). When I get more situated and find a job where I can actually make some extra money, I might continue to waffle on a BHP, though...

In the meantime, I need to hit the reloading press and finagle an afternoon at the wife's family's property for some skill building and ballistic therapy.

NEW or NUSED gun , any different gun is fun !!

But I just can`t get over seeing those slides coming back at me , I know some will call BS ,but it causes me to develop a terrible flinch everytime I`ve tried an auto , so I go back to revolvers .

I have a Colt Target. It's a fine gun but a little front heavy and the polymer frame is for average hands and cannot be changed. I used to shoot silhouette with mine but you're not missing TOO much.

I see you trading in one or two of your semi's for some of the others one day but on a whim. If you're done, you're done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKKmzmeU5-0

I personally won't rest until I have another mid 60's Colt OMM pair, one in 38 & one in 22...

I like your pairing of guns as well..I'd love an old Colt 1911 and an old 1911 "ACE" in 22..

I also saw a Colt cobra snubby for sale in 22..a 38 and 22 pair would be cool to have....

I just filled another pairing,,,

A few years back I bought a J. P. Sauer and Sohns cowboy revolver,,,
This is the same gun that was imported by Hawes in the 60's,,,
It's an excellent shooter with a 6.5" barrel in .357 Magnum.

I won a GunBroker auction for a Hawes import J. P. Sauer in .22 LR,,,
This revolver has a 5.5" barrel and is in very decent shape,,,
The frame is a teensy bit smaller than the .357,,,
But it takes a ruler to see the difference.

I picked it up yesterday,,,
I'll take it to the range this evening,,,
It feels solid enough and locks up very nicely,,,
So I'm hoping it turns out to be as nice a shooter as the .357.

Aarond

I'll bet he was a happy kid!

I would have sold my sister to the gypsies for a gun like that. :p

My late best friend had an older Colt Woodsman,,,
That and her "shiny" Model 34 were her favorite handguns.

I've probably ran over 500 rounds through that gun over the years,,,
No doubt that it was one extremely fine shooting pistol,,,
But again for some reason I liked "shiny" better.

For pure looks that Woodsman was extremely sexy,,,
long, lean, and very mean. ;)

Aarond

Back