I received the best Christmas present I could of asked for!!

I've an older model 12 made of nickel steel. The material does not rust easily and was common when making steels properly and consistently in quantity wasn't possible. Bessemer Process, knowledge, etc.
It was a stop-gap measure brought on by higher pressure propellants.

Its too sad the stories heard of these precious firearms being taken by uncaring family members to pawn shops to be converted to cash.

That's one of the reasons I was the one to receive it. I would never even think about getting rid of it, even if I was dirt broke

I hate to say it but my moms brother and sister and their kids only come around when they need something. That's why they were jealous and angry that I received it, it would of been quick $ to them. You could just feel the tension in the room. My grandma gave it to me in front of everyone on purpose to prove a point. I actually felt a little guilty getting it but my grandma got that nonsense out of my head.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wow just wow, congratulations thats a real beauty. And in nickel steel is basically a steel that has more nickel content than average and less carbon giving it corrosion resistant properties its almost like a lesser grade stainless alloy although its not actually ss.

Thanks for the link! I am curious what it's worth but not enough to pay to find out. I've seen here and there online ones that have sold for around $5000 but idk how close that number comes to the book value.

Anyone have any 44-40 ammo recommendations for Whitetail? It's not going to be a rifle I carry around in the woods or in the truck all the time, just would like to take down 1 deer with it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back