I picked up a Ruger Wrangler 22 LR yesterday

They have an annoying habit of walking out cylinder pins. The gun runs fine most of the time, but pay attention to how you install and remove that pin. Sometimes you have to pull it and install it again, which is mildly inconvenient to say the least.

I tried to buy one at the Rural King (RK) store in Springfield, Ohio last week, but the FBI website "crashed"; with no clue offered as to when they might be back on line, so I left without one. RK was selling them for $199.99 and had all three flavors in stock.

Interestingly, as I was waiting on the record check to be conducted; an older guy approached the counter with a Wrangler in its box, purchased within the last couple of weeks. I asked him what was wrong with the gun and said only that it had "jammed". I've shot a lot of sa revolvers over the years and I've never had one "jam". Maybe, as Sunflowers+Sixguns explained, the pin to the cylinder "walked out".

That argument actually shoots itself in the foot, in the context of the Wrangler.

No it doesn't. Too much is made of that minute difference. Which quickly goes away when you actually start measuring 22 long rifle bullets and stacking up tolerances.

off topic, but I appreciate the comment on that tolerance being minute as I'm looking at picked up the 9rd Rough Rider combo and wondered if the combo was a mistake.

Thanks!

i am very happy with my wrangler, and single six and bearcat. i especially like the wrangler’s free spinning cylinder, held in check by its tight loading gate. that said, ruger missed the boat by not using all that free space in the wrangler’s cylinder, i.e. an 8 shot wrangler would be a+.

Back