I Own A Century Arms C39V2 Is It Dangerous? Should I Be Concerned About Negative Rifle Reviews?

private sale to a friend, or to a shop. never sold one online. You always take about a 50% loss selling to a dealer though.

If I were selling it online I would just take it to a dealer/gun shop and have them ship it. Usually they will charge you like a $30-50 transfer fee to send it to another dealer, cheaper and easier than trying to package it yourself and ship it through UPS.

At $805 you might almost break even on your new rifle.

I had a c39v2. That was the tightest fitting AK I ever shot (I own more than 10). No issues with it. Sold it off because when I need to sell, the ones that aren't likely to increase in value go first. I'd get another as a plinker. I think most of the issues Century had with the c39 were in the first generation. Maybe more info has come up since the V2 has been around awhile but I thought it was well put together. Not a go-to-war rifle. As a range plinker, who's really going to get up to round counts high enough to break parts?

Now if you could sell and trade up for a WASR 10/63 or MAK90 for a few hundred dollars, it's a no-brainer. The C39V2 might take the accuracy category but probably not the longevity category.

Fair points Vepr. It looks like I might have found a guy that is willing to trade his Stag Arms Model 6 Ar15 with the adjustable 2 stage trigger etc. It's the one without the adjustable stock (which I like) it's a very simple AR but it actually seems decent!

I'm thinking of trading him as these to go for about the same price in excellent condition. It has the hogue handguard and whatnot. Seems like a decent rifle actually.

Oh I was going to ask. Does that seem like a fair trade to everyone? It seems decent to me?

Last edited:
Back