I need a new 50 BMG

Std7mag, no dice re 408. It'sa pretty rifle and I love the ballistics but 50 is so much cheaper and I can own API, SLAP, and tracer. Not that I use any with great regularity but they're there if I need them. Plus what's'er'name only puts up with this BS cause I can make a pratical argument for my toys.

If you're talking about the firing pin safety on the AR-50 and the fact that it can force the sear down and cause the gun to fire thing? Yes, that can happen with an aftermarket trigger if it doesn't have an internal safety built in.

The firing pin safety on the AR-50 is beyond ridiculously strong. The reason it's that way is it's holding the firing pin spring back under tension and unless you hold the safety when you release it, all that tension is forced onto the trigger. Armalite installs a factory (Shilen) trigger that can take the force. It's when people start to tinker, someone else gets behind the trigger, snaps the safety and... you should've seen the look on his face!

Don't overlook the Anzio 50/20.

It is a 20x102mm case necked down to accept heavy .50 BMG bullets.

Something like 900 grains at 3,300 FPS. Basically replicates 14.5x114mm ballistics and penetration but without the need for a destructive device stamp.

Model12Win, no dice, already got my AR-50. I had a chat with Huber Concepts and they're well aware of the AR-50 and assured me they know of several that have been equipped with HC triggers and they work just fine. Noting of course that users assume sole responsibility for altering their firearms. Seriously if you alter your gun in any way study and know what you're doing; I was at my local Y today and some cheese dick was almost bragging about getting away with a negligent discharge cause he lives in the countryside, the round imbedded in his wood pile. He evidently had been monkeying with the factory trigger on his AR trying to get it smoother and with less travel and then decided to test the results in his garage with live rounds.

I'd be interested in how the HC trigger compares with a Jewell. I've got the latter on my Windrunner, and 2# is as light as I want to go for 200yd plinking. I also let just about anybody else shoot it if they pass the snap cap test, so newbies factor into the situation.

Bbqncigars, I have three rifles not including my new 50 that have the 2 stage 1.5 # triggers and having tried the other options like Jewel and Timney and a couple others I really find the HC's to be in a class by themselves. I have tested all three triggers against the "mallet test" which consists of me strapping the rifles in a lead sled and whacking the rig at the butt stock for a few minutes. All the triggers passed and I have no reservations about putting one in the 50. I'll post again when it's installed.

Back