I love Elephants but we need to kill them, eat their flesh, and wear their skins.

Oddly enough, while I am not especially interested in hunting elephant, I am curious about how they (and other African game animals) taste.

IMO, pretty much everything goes well with ranch. :D

I certainly did not intend to get anyone's panties in a wad, but fact is, I am not interested in killing an elephant.

I'd pay unreasonable money for an elephant steak. That is probably within my current means. A trip to Africa for a few weeks, let alone trophy fees, not so much.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I have a friend who sets up premier safaris. His guided elephant hunts can run right at $100K, and he has a list of repeat clients. He books them all at the SCI Conventions. African hunting can be less expensive than some of the guided hunts here in the US, or as expensive as a new home. Which countries, what and how many animals will all dictate the cost.

Cull hunts are usually of cows, to avoid over-population of a habitat area. Bulls are loners; cows aggregate into fair-sized groups.

On occasion, a group of cows can be likened to four-ton quadrupeds with PMS.

I have wanted to hunt Africa since I discovered Capstick, and later Ruark. I'll never do it now, too old, and more importantly too broke, but it still interests me.

Back