I know you guys get tired of this but......

hogdogs is right on both counts.

Louann does have shoes, it's just that the picture without shoes was right after she got out of the lake.....

And as to the fact we catch a lot of big ones. It is exactly as HD says, we have the great luxury of not HAVING TO GO at a specific time because we have a client and we spend A LOT of time on the water the rest of the year, always with a eye open as to where SPICIFIC big gators live.

We don't have any "secrets" ( Actually a couple of small ones....) just more time on the water year in and year out......and we've been at it near on 20 years.

Last thing......just in case you get the idea this is all fun and games....Richard and I ( Richard helps me clean gators, both ours and contract for other hunters. ) spent about 4 hours getting him skinned and boned and another 2 scraping and salting the hide and defatting the meat.

Did end up with 198# of meat along with 62 pounds or ribs and 72 pounds of legs.......332# of sellable eating products for the market.

Not me, I like it. Great pictures and great story.

Congrats to your Misses.

No way in heck could I get my wife to go 'gater hunting. She thinks I'm nuts just for suggesting it.

Now for the real question. How did you get the wife to haul that sucker in while you took the pictures? Looks like work to me.

Quote:

Not me, I like it. Great pictures and great story.

Same here.

Always enjoy showing the g-kids these pics as well.

Thanks for the gator threads bswiv and keep em' commin

That is awesome brother! Nice haul!
I have never had an interest in a gator hunt but that looked like some intense excitement!
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

I never get tire of seeing your beautiful wife and those big gators. Wish you had a TV show. I enjoy watching swamp people catching gators.

And yes, here in FL they set decoys with waders.....nobody ever gets bit.....
I did not envision anyone being "bit", I imagined people being eaten. I do not understand why people are not commonly attacked.

From way, way back:

Two Hippies sitting at the edge of a Florida pond, dabbling their feet in the water while sharing a joint.

First Hippie: "Dang! A gator just bit my foot off!"

Second Hippie: "Which one?"

First Hippie: "I dunno, man. Ya seen one gator, ya seen 'em all."

OK, so I jump out of airplanes from time to time for kicks.
But there is no way in hell I'm getting that close to a gator that big. No flippin' way at all.:eek:

Back