I just -LOVE- Gunbroker!

Gunplummer said:
An auction is an auction. It is pretty much a crap shoot for both sides.

Sometimes. Auctions, especially online ones can easily have shill bidding to drive up the price. Person A runs an auction(s) and has friend Person B bid on it to drive up the price. If Person B actually wins it, he can go through the payment process and have Person A slip him the money under the table. There may be easier and/or more sophisticated ways to do it but since I don't engage in that type of stuff, I haven't thought too much about the ways to do it.

Not saying shill bidding doesn't happen, but remember, if item is "sold" the seller pays a fee. In addition, there are many optional services like bold type or view counter that are charged whether the gun is sold or not. It adds up.

I see an awful lot of "Relisted" guns. I doubt there is too much undercover bidding going on. It is not like a live auction where you don't have time to think about it.

Relisting is -FREE- even with various fees associated with opening an auction. And Gunbroker is quite friendly with fees compared to Ebay, which is probably the standard by which all online auction sites will be compared to. So yes... lots and lots -- you could even say "most" guns that have a reserve or a high opening bid are relists.

Back