I have seen Heaven, and it is good.

Hedley

http://bimmer.roadfly.com/bmw/forums/test/8098907-1.html

And does anyone know what these are?
dsc00066jy3.jpg

dsc00134ot2.jpg

dsc09983du7.jpg

dsc00041yx4.jpg

Forget what they are, I just want to know which ATF building that is so I can keep the coordinates on hand for.. just in case. ;)

Years ago, when Navy Arms was in business at the Ridgefield, NJ location, they had a great display of arms such as the ones here and on the link. They had Garands for about $200.00 and P08 Lugers for about $250.00, I could just kick myself from here to eternity for not buying a s_ _ _ load of them.

2 and 4

in #2 the ones on the viewers right apear to be Springfield Armory M6 Scout.

in #4 that is a Robinson Arms M 96 Expeditionary rifle. It is very closely based on (as someone else already pointed out) the Stoner 63.

that looks like the BATF collection, that is in Quantico, VA

#1 prototype 18shot 12 ga, used to know the name ..cant recall it now, never was produced.
#2 USAF survival rifles M6 over/under .22 Hornet-.410 on the right, either M4 or M5 on left(.22 Hornet 5shot)
#3 dont know what SMG proto that is.
#4 is a real Stoner 63...not Robinson M96

#2 correct on the m6 Scout - the ones with collapsing stock appear to be M4 H&R Survival Rifles.

#3 SMG is a Hotchkiss Universal - used by French Paratroops.

This is all well and good, but can anyone actually SHOOT these toys? That always makes me sad - like a car museum where no one gets to drive and enjoy the pieces of art.

The guy that posted this link in a nother forum said something about BATF, but I think it's more of an archive than an evidence room, if anything at all. And why is everyone wearing FN shirts?

M96 vs Stoner 63

Won't argue the point, Since the M96 is based on the Stoner, the resemblance is enough (especially since I have never handled a Stoner) that I probably cannot tell the difference in a photo.

It's cool whatever it is:D

After clicking the link and looking at all of the photos, I have just one question.

"Where's the checkout lane?":D

Yep, it's the ATF's Firearms Technology Branch.

#1 is a South African DENEL NS2000 "Neostead" shotgun. It's roughly 27" long with a 24" barrel, 12 gauge, 2.75" chamber. It's reverse pump action, in that you push the slide forward to rotate and unlock the barrel and pull it away from the fixed breech block, then pull it rearward to bring it back into battery. The ejection port is on the bottom of the stock, behind the pistol grip. It has twin tubular magazines sitting parallel on the top of the barrel. Each magazine holds 6 shells. There's a lever at the back of the magazine tube which allows you to quickly and easily select left-tube feed, right-tube feed, or alternating feed. Behind the mag selector is the catch for releasing the mags. They pivot at the front end and are pushed up against the bottom of the carrying handle by a large ribbon spring, exposing the back ends for loading. There are witness holes cut in the tops of the mags to check remaining ammunition. The safety hangs under the gun, inside the trigger guard; forward for fire, back for safe. The manual slide release is located on the bottom of the forend at the front end, and it has blade front and ghost ring rear sights both mounted in the carrying handle.

There is a member here by the screen name of "Kobun" who has one; IIRC he lives in Norway. Obviously, this thing isn't imported to the US. There's nothing inherantly illegal about it, but everyone's afraid that as soon as they reach the US market the ATF will rule them as DDs just like the USAS-12 and Striker-12 shotguns.

Some of the people in those photos have regular ID tags and, as Fly pointed out, their polos say "Firearms Technology Branch". Seeing that room just gives me another reason to hate BATFE.

DSC00016.jpg

Would someone tell me what the Hell is up with this carbine? Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out. M3 night rifle missing the optics.

DSC00047.jpg

Last edited:
Back