I have 3 options for my first semi, need help

I cannot help but admire Diamondback's resilience. Only 10 years ago they were known as suppliers of the worst KelTec clones on this side of IO. When they entered AR market, nobody agreed to their guns except at bargain basement prices. And now they ask $2k for one of them.

P.S. I see what is happening here. Most American manufacturers aren't bothering to obtain export licenses, but apparently Diamondback did, and now they are selling at a vastly inflated price, because more reputable manufacturers are too lazy (or risk averse).

The OP didn't mention what country he's in, but I know that Ruger sell in places like France, Sweden, and Canada. I'd take a look at their offerings before considering DB, if available.

Last edited:
I cannot help but admire Diamondback's resilience. Only 10 years ago they were known as suppliers of the worst KelTec clones on this side of IO. When they entered AR market, nobody agreed to their guns except at bargain basement prices. And now they ask $2k for one of them.

P.S. I see what is happening here. Most American manufacturers aren't bothering to obtain export licenses, but apparently Diamondback did, and now they are selling at a vastly inflated price, because more reputable manufacturers are too lazy (or risk averse).

The OP didn't mention what country he's in, but I know that Ruger sell in places like France, Sweden, and Canada. I'd take a look at their offerings before considering DB, if available.
Im from Armenia. Im not sure if the price is manufacturer-specified or just a crazy mark up because of taxes and the store's self-will because theres no competition, the only other store that imports ARs is the one with the ADCs.

While we're here, and not to create another Bren-specific thread

1) would you recommend changing the factory handguard to the HBI 8"? I do also want to install the Pic rail kit from Preston Precision, but they wont fit neatly if at all on the HBI guard.

2) Please recommend some affordable but quality lights and visible-spectrum lasers, canted if possible. Id like to get both under 500$ total. Of course theres the BE Meyers MAWL, but its crazy expensive, is it ok getting the knock offs? Its not a priority at all though, and I will much rather spend the money on upgrading the trigger and the controls, so something cheap but sturdy would be ok for me.

3) Finally, the optics. Since Ill be shooting indoors at 50 meters most of the time, I hardly need magnification. After some research, Ive arrived at the EOTech EXPS3 vs Holosun AEMS Max vs Aimpoint Pro. I do like the huge window on the AEMS Max vs the smaller AP Pro and dont have a night vision so not much need in the EOTech, plus the benefit of absolute co-witness, though the other 2 options are certainly compelling with their quality and reliability over Holosun. What should I pick, which one would allow me the quickest target acquisition and switching?

I can order via a freight forwarder from the USA but the Vortex is way too expensive and Ive heard its not better than the EXPS3.

And the Romeo5 is way too small, Id like a wider window.

The vortex is about $599 retail, but it’s a great sight, nice big window.
Whichever way you go, holographic sights play much better with things like eyeglasses and magnifiers

Back