I got snubbed! ;)

Stormson, That spot even though I nor you think it's no big deal, if Taylor's is running these guns by a Smith I would think he would catch such a finish flaw. I would and do just accept minor finish flaws as I don't want to go through the hassle of sending them back.

Yeah Im not too worried about it... Was just taken aback a little by seeing it on a new piece. I think the gunsmith there probably concentrates more on the internals... Probably sees quite a few in a day as well. He did a GREAT job with the action for sure!

Shrugs... I'll hit it with the cold blue pen as soon as I get things caught up a little around here... Truth is, all my guns are working guns, I aint even got a SAFE much less any safe queens LOL, so I have no doubt the finish will see it share of wear over time anyway...

All part of the ageing process... Heck you should SEE some of the marks on MY finish! :eek:

That spot could also have been caused by someone handling the firearm before the 24 hour curing (or at least overnight curing) after removal from the salt bath, neutralizing and rinsing and oiling was completed.

I have the octagonal version of that snubbie that Dixie gun works carrys, cool little gun! It occasionally has taken a spot as a concealed carry gun before, but now, if I switch to one of my bp revolvers, Texas is open carry, so I just go with a sheriff barrel.

I've also looked at the various barrels including a 12" carbine with stock. Not sure if I'd got the convertible Colt way or just get the steel framed Remington. But then there's also the 18" Uberti carbine I've looked at.

I know how you feel, I can't decide on the detachable stock or revolving carbine.

That snub nose is awesome! After seeing Mike Belvieu's video on it a while back I can understand how much fun that'll be.

That spot could also have been caused by someone handling the firearm before the 24 hour curing (or at least overnight curing) after removal from the salt bath, neutralizing and rinsing and oiling was completed.

Mine or deerslayer303's Gary?

Interestingly, my cold blue pen really hasnt ever failed me... Until NOW! It kinda helped around the edges, but left more of a rust spot then blue in the middle part... Curiouser and curiouser.. Hmm...

I have the octagonal version of that snubbie that Dixie gun works carrys, cool little gun! It occasionally has taken a spot as a concealed carry gun before, but now, if I switch to one of my bp revolvers, Texas is open carry, so I just go with a sheriff barrel.

Va has always been open carry (AFAIK), but still like to conceal where it might cause a ruckus.. THATS the thing I REALLY love about this Colt though, I can pop a sheriff or full sized 8" on it and I have a holster gun within seconds.. The 3" and concealed. Heck, I can even change the grip frame and put a shoulder stock and 12" 1851 (still in .44 of course) barrel on it for a quickie carbine... All from the same platform. How can I not love that!?!?! :D

I know how you feel, I can't decide on the detachable stock or revolving carbine.

That snub nose is awesome! After seeing Mike Belvieu's video on it a while back I can understand how much fun that'll be.

Un-huh... You DO realize what that MEANS right???

You just gonna have to have em ALL bro!!!! ;)

:D

Was looking a Kirst 1860 Army Conversions on Google Images and came across this - snub Walker. Thought you guys might get a kick out it.

IMGP1003.jpg

Thread with more snubbed guns: https://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=346440

Back