I feel like a proud papa,,,

I would have to respectfully disagree. I think the S&W J-frame trigger is perfectly fine the way it comes. It takes a lot of practice and determination to get it down but its well worth it. It's true, the trigger does get better with use but it fine out of the box. The other great thing about mastering the j-frame trigger is once you master it, you can handle most other triggers out there.

Shadi,
My 642 maxed out a 12 pound trigger gauge. It's a hammerless DA only gun.

Do you care to rethink your statement?

The J frame is not a target gun to play with and I would leave the trigger stock. More J frames are screwed up by lightning springs than those that are helped by it. I wouldn't want a misfire on a revolver a person depended on. With the addition of a little adrenalin, the trigger pull will seem very light in stock configuration...and it will fire as intended.

Geez Aarond...how's come you always get the 'young ladies' to train...I can't seem to lure them out my way and have to settle for my own age bracket...let's just say 55 to 75!

I'd conservatively estimate that half the reloading I do is for my daughter's in law and sons, a cpl grand-kids, plus a few selected friends that trust my loading. It's money well spent and I charge 'em a penny a shot, just to to reinforce the notion that there's no free lunch...anywhere.

No matter tho, young or old, any new shooter we bring to the fold is another voter helping to protect the 2nd Amendment.

Well done, friend...Rod

Hello rodfac,,,

Geez Aarond...how's come you always get the 'young ladies' to train...I can't seem to lure them out my way and have to settle for my own age bracket...let's just say 55 to 75!

Well, it certainly isn't due to my good looks. :cool:

I work in a student computer lab at a state university,,,
I'm surrounded by students and student workers.

Surprisingly though, I invite as many young men to go shooting as young ladies.

It's environmental my friend,,,
Purely environmental. ;)

Aarond

I have heard that women have physiological advantages for shooting. A key to good shooting is how the trigger is pulled. Women tend to have smaller, more sensitive fingers, thus they are less likely to jerk the trigger. Also, women tend to have better eye-hand coordination then men do.

Hello Bella,,,

I have heard that women have physiological advantages for shooting.

I've heard that about a lot of tasks,,,
Fine motor skills and such like.

I have no idea if that is actually true,,,
I do know that of the college kids I take shooting,,,
The young ladies go into it with a more open attitude towards learning.

We dudes seem to have the notion that we were born to be great shots,,,
In general we've seen too many episodes of Miami Vice,,,
It's in our heads that shooting a gun is an innate skill.

For the most part the girls listen and pay close attention,,,
Which makes them better learners right off.

And they smell so much nicer. :D

Aarond

Back